This position is for a Full Time Nights position- 36 hours a week (week 1: Wednesday, Friday, Saturday; week 2: Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday)
The Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) provides basic client care, aids with activities of daily living, and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment, under the direction and supervision of the Nursing staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide Supportive, protective oversight of clients.
- Be responsible for direct client care, guidance and positive role modeling.
- Assist clients and actively participate in daily tasks, such as cleaning common areas, physical activities and groups.
- Conduct living skill, recreational and social groups.
- Ensure that clients receive medications and document accordingly.
- Prepare daily case notes on clients' progress and regression.
- Observing clients physical health and emotional state and relaying any abnormalities to medical staff.
- Monitor vital signs, such as, heart rate and blood pressure.
- Conduct regular property and room searches to prevent unauthorized materials from entering the living area and office facilities
- Perform bed checks as per standard schedule, including noting and overseeing sleep patterns and reporting unusual occurrences regarding individuals' behaviors.
- Upon arrival, inspect client's personal items and remove, inventory and secure all cellular phones, personal computers, money credit cards, any alcoholic content medications such as mouth wash, needles, drug paraphernalia, or any all other items that are considered contraband
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- CPR/First Aid Certified
- NVCI/CPI Training
- Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Preferred 2 years' experience in a behavioral health field or healthcare setting
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Must have excellent observation, good judgment, and good oral and written communication skills.
- Professional in attitude, demeanor and dress.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible in working hours.
- Able to lift a minimum of 10 to 25 pounds.