We are seeking a Laboratory Technician I and a Laboratory Technician II to start work in a water lab located in South Austin. TX! You will be responsible for performing routine checks and measurements, bottle labeling/inventory, sample bottle storage and disposal, sample management (i.e. storage, archive, disposal, etc.) and providing general lab assistance to environmental laboratory staff.
- Cleans and acid washes glass.
- Assists in performing routine checks and measurements of equipment such as refrigerators, balances, ovens, incubators, etc., and maintain logs of readings.Assists in maintaining and sterilizing equipment.
- Provides general lab assistance to laboratory staff.
- Monitors and assists in maintaining bottle inventory. Labels bottles.
- Prepares customer supply requests and provides general customer assistance as needed.
- Acts as Courier for lab by picking up and or making deliveries to internal and external customers.
- Coordinates receipt and distribution of supplies and materials.
- Unpacks and places supplies and materials in storage area and notifies appropriate individuals of receipt.
- Complies with the Environmental Laboratory Services safety program, chemical hygiene plan, quality assurance program, pertinent standard operating procedures (SOPs) and applicable regulatory mandates, standards, policies and codes pertaining to assigned duties.
- Assists with sample receipt (including checking sample condition, splitting and preserving samples, etc.) as needed
- 1 or more years of experience in providing operational support in a commercial environmental laboratory
- Valid Driver's License
- Willing to undergo a background and drug screening