Quality Assurance Manager - Chicago, IL
The Quality Assurance Manager is responsible and accountable for overall Food Safety and Quality in the plant. Perform functions to develop and maintain quality assurance programs and systems to ensure products manufactured meet customer specifications and to achieve superior quality and reliability levels.
- Responsible for overseeing all aspects of Food Safety Programs and compliance with the FSMA regulations.
- Responsible for the interface with local, state and federal Food Safety regulators.
- Interface with industrial customer’s quality representatives.
- Revise and update the quality program to ensure conformity of final products to quality standards.
- Revise and update the quality control manual which includes statistical process control programs and inspection procedures program.
- Update and maintain internal audit processes and procedures.
- Update internal quality control plans for critical processes.
- Oversee the onboarding, training, scheduling and evaluating of the Quality Team members.
- Revise and update quality assurance related training programs for employees.
- Prepare quality reports as required by customers and by staff personnel, and keep all departments informed of company performance.
- Recommend the purchase of equipment to improve department operating efficiency.
- Prepare for and represent the company during customer audits and various certifying external audits.
- Coordinate and approve all sample submissions of new products to customers.
Job Requirements include:
· Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Micro-Biology, Engineering, Food Science, or a related degree and at least 5 years of experience in food manufacturing
· PCQI & HACCP certified and a SQF Practitioner.
· Familiar with Organic and Gluten Free regulations.
· Must be available to work any shift, weekends and holiday overtime as required
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes and understanding of food science and food safety
· Knowledge of State and Federal food Safety Regulations including FSMA
· Knowledge of basic math, oral and written communication skills and computer literacy
· Leadership interest and ability required to work effectively with others, motivate employees and elicit work output
· MUST PASS physical, drug and background check
**Integrity Trade Services is proud to announce that we offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities