Qualified Staff Accountant Needed in Hamilton NJ! Resume and Interview with client REQUIRED
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:30pm;
Salary: $50,000-$60,000 a year
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- To fully manage and support the retail division of the company, including but not limited to the recording of sales, credit memos, payments and refunds including gift certificates.
- To reconcile and maintain balance sheet reconciliations and analysis.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Record, manage and reconcile retail stores' sales, credit memos, payments and refunds.
- Perform general balance sheet accounts analysis and reconciliations including fixed assets and depreciation, accounts receivables, other receivables, deferred tax, prepaid expenses, accounts payable reconciliation, accrued liabilities, sales prepayments, gift card payables, security deposits, etc.
- Prepare general ledger entries by reconciling accounts.
- Prepare and reconcile retail bank statements.
- Record and reconcile bank and credit card processing fees.
- Record, reconcile, manage and submit various state sale taxes, property taxes and other taxes.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements by adhering to the monthly close schedule.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice - by the Accounting Manager.
- Need to be able to process multiple tasks without supervision.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of two years of general/corporate accounting experience
- Must have two years of multiple state sales tax reporting experience
- Advance understanding of the accounting of sales, discounts, inventory, etc.
- Must have two years bank account reconciliation experience.
- Must have balance sheet account reconciliation experience.
- Must have general journal posting experience.
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.