As a HR and Safety Specialist, you will be responsible handling all issues, investigations, concerns, safety cases and employee relations for our associates and staff. You will provide guidance to managers on policy adherence, regulations and our internal corrective action process. Responsibility for auditing and adherence with all state and federal employment regulations is critical to mitigate risk. You will demonstrate discretion and independent judgement to ensure all employment practices are managed fairly and consistently across multiple locations.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with internal staff to communicate and audit adherence to policies; investigate complaints or deviations from policy and ensure a resolution is reached in a timely manner
- Intake, conduct and/or manage investigations of staff and associate complaints or concerns in HR or Safety either directly or through IRAP (Integrity Remote Assistance Program) in a timely, fair and thorough manner
- Assist in organizing and producing documents for EEO charges, OSHA complaints, wage claims, disability accommodations, Certificate of Fitness, workers compensation and related regulatory inquiries
- Conduct site safety analysis and make recommendations for new client locations
- Partner with our sales team as they onboard new clients to ensure a safe work environment
- Share knowledge and provide direction to staff and associates or on investigation process/resolution for ER and Safety Issues, employment law and best practices
- Partner with client counterparts to assist with injury/illness prevention initiatives
- Identify internal root cause of associate and staff injuries and provide recommendations
- Facilitate hazard identification walks with onsite teams and track and report on subsequent corrective action items
- Verify all applicable documentation is provided to the client in order for them to make an educated decision regarding their OSHA 300 log.
- Providing outreach to employees via Project Home or resources available in specific areas
- Provide developmental coaching and positive motivation; create and manage IDP’s (Individual Development Plans) or corrective action as necessary for staff
- Assist with unemployment and verifications of employment for the company, including providing direction to a third-party vendor.
How We Measure Results
We expect that you will:
- Engage with associates and clients to keep ER and Safety issues at a minimum.
- Meet/achieve your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as time to resolve issues, accuracy, escalations, etc.
- Ensure consistent processes are in place for daily activities which have an HR or Safety impact.
- Utilize data to analyze trends and identify risk, proactively partner with onsite teams and clients for safety and ER issues
- Ensure compliance with Labor laws and regulations; ensure that all aspects of working conditions are appropriate for all employees
- Minimize exposure to employee legal claims while always considering cost/benefit and risk analysis
- Communicate with central teams regarding ER and Safety issues. Partner with Corporate teams to develop action plans to address concerns identified in a timely manner
- Track trends, near misses, and looking at pro-active ways to improve safety and associate relations
- Available as needed 24x7 for client escalations
- Proven examples of building strong relationships with people at all levels to obtain successful business outcomes and move projects forward
- Establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive HR or Safety experience in manufacturing or retail industry
- High level of organization and excellent project management skills with a proven ability to design and implement people operations strategies to drive business results
- Expertise in MS Office Products
- Current and advanced Knowledge of State and Federal Employment Laws/Regulations in HR and safety strongly preferred
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred, not required
- Travel Expected: 50% based upon business need
Integrity Staffing is EOE