Our Client is a growing healthcare organization that offers its employees full benefits, paid time off and a work-life balance.
The Company: Our client is a dual-diagnosis enhanced, behavioral health treatment and housing provider. They have been a consistent leader in the Salt Lake metro area delivering evidence-based interventions and achieving positive outcomes for individuals who have chronic behavioral health conditions, histories of homelessness, mental illness, criminal justice involvement, and primary health concerns.
The Position: The Staff Accountant is responsible for managing and overseeing multiple accounting functions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger posting, account reconciliation, internal controls, grant compliance, and financial cycle closing. The client offers the following salary and benefits:
- $20-$28 per hour depending on experience
- Generous paid time off allowance
- Generous holiday policy (14 observed holidays a year including your birthday)
- Group health
- 401(k) employer matching
- Life insurance
- Opportunity for annual merit increase
- Opportunity for annual bonus
- Must have advanced proficiency in reading and the ability to understanding complex materials including grants, business agreements, legal documents, financial reports and more.
- Must have the ability to effectively distill and communicate complex and sophisticated concepts to a variety of audiences, including business associates, clients, community partners, board members, clinicians, and auditors.
- Must have an advanced understanding and ability to use technological tools such as spreadsheets, word processors, databases, mathematical and statistical tools and more.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, give direction and guidance, work collaboratively with others, and communicate effectively.
- Must have strong problem solving, decision making skills and experience.
- Monday - Friday 8am-4pm
- Performs all functions in accordance with GAAP, FASB, GASB, and related circulars.
- Ensures that all financial records are complete, organized, and filed and archived properly.
- Prepares monthly billing and manages all accounts receivable activity; including posting receivables, subsequent collections and write offs.
- Manages grant billing and grant financial reporting.
- Prepares select payables for payment and processes payment.
- Reviews disbursements for proper posting, appropriateness and accuracy.
- Assists Accounting Clerk in Accounts Payable duties as needed to ensure timely and accurate monthly close.
- Reviews cash receipts and deposits to ensure that they are prepared properly.
- Prepares and/or reviews all general ledger entries.
- Reconciles all balance sheet accounts including cash accounts.
- Tracks and reports on grant matching requirements.
- Prepares monthly and annual cost analysis.
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Manages office supply and office furniture budgets.
- Reviews budgets and other financial reports.
- Prepares financial reports as required by external stakeholders.
- Reviews contracts and agreements for vendors and customers, including filing and financial compliance.
- Develops, implements, and reviews financial controls, ensuring they are communicated and are complied with by staff.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing additional functions as needed.
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine transactions.
send an updated resume to Katie@theipgteam.com