Mobile Crisis Counselor
Integrity Placement Group Panama City, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
Mobile Crisis Counselor
The Company: For over 60 years, our client has provided comprehensive behavioral health and family counseling services in Bay, Calhoun, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, and Washington counties in the Florida Panhandle. They offer objective, professional help with personal problems ranging from family life adjustment difficulties to stress reactions, substance abuse and mental illness.
The Position: Mental health counselors offer guidance to individuals, couples, families and groups who are dealing with issues that affect their mental health and well-being. Work with individuals, groups and communities to improve mental health. Encourage clients to discuss emotions and experiences. The Client is offering the following benefits and compensation:
- $43,000 base salary
- Health Insurance
- 21 days of PTO + 9 paid holidays
- 401k with 4% match
- Life Insurance
- On-call compensation
- Relocation assistance
- And much, much more!
- Must possess Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Mental Health Counseling, with a minimum of one year of relevant work experience.
- Valid Florida drivers license
- Provide face to face and telephone assessment of persons experiencing behavioral health crises. Determine suitability for outpatient crisis intervention or need to triage with the center's on-call psychiatrist for inpatient hospitalization.
- Assist individuals experiencing behavioral health crises with accessing services and supports to alleviate immediate stressors affecting stability in the community.
- Provide emergency intervention and support services to persons experiencing severe psychiatric disturbances and without which may result in inpatient hospitalization.
- Provide individual supportive therapy, and symptom management, both in office and community settings, ensuring immediate changes are made in the treatment plans as individual's needs change; educate and support individuals' families; and advocate for the rights and preferences of persons served.
- Provide after hour on-call crisis intervention covering nighttime and weekend hours.
- Provide emergency follow-up and crisis counseling until the crisis is averted, the person is hospitalized or is accepted into and begins receiving services from outpatient and case management staff.
- Complete clinical record and other documentation in accordance with Center policies and procedures, component-specific guidelines, and guidelines in requirements of funding and accrediting agencies.
Email or send resume to Justin@theipgteam.com