Community Action Team (CAT) Counselor
Integrity Placement Group Panama City, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Community Action Team (CAT) Counselor
The Company: For over 60 years, our client has provided comprehensive behavioral health and family counseling services in Bay, Calhoun, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, and Washington counties in the Florida Panhandle. They offer objective, professional help with personal problems ranging from family life adjustment difficulties to stress reactions, substance abuse and mental illness.
The Position: Mental health counselors offer guidance to individuals, couples, families and groups who are dealing with issues that affect their mental health and well-being. Work with individuals, groups and communities to improve mental health. Encourage clients to discuss emotions and experiences. The Client is offering the following benefits and compensation:
- $40,000 - $50,000+ depending one experience
- Health Insurance
- 21 days of PTO + 9 paid holidays
- 401k with 4% match
- Life Insurance
- On-call compensation
- Relocation assistance
- And much, much more!
- Master's degree in psychology, social work or related human services discipline and minimum of two years of experience working with children who have behavioral health needs
- Travel required between clinics and other sites including homes, schools and community locations where clients are served
- Maintain after hours availability as required by the needs of the clients and as directed by the Team Leader
- Must have a valid Florida driver's license
- Complete comprehensive evaluations that address individual youth needs, abilities, strengths and preferences. Address family dynamics that are relevant to successful youth functioning.
- Develop treatment plans and reviews in conjunction with other team members that address both youth and family factors.
- Work with families toward the implementation of the treatment plan with emphasis on helping youth and family members achieve resilience and autonomy.
- Provide individual, family and group treatment.
- Participate in staffing and consultations in settings in which the youth participates such as schools, work and recreational environments.
- Assist families with establishing a natural support system that provides ongoing support during and post program participation.
- With other team members, provide support and education to family members to help them become knowledgeable about mental illness, collaborate in the treatment process, and assist in their family member's progress.
- Regularly attend organizational staff meetings to assess client status and progress, to coordinate treatment activities, and to develop treatment solutions to problems other staff is having.
- Participate in staff training regarding skill development basic to the treatment of youth with Severe Emotional Disturbance and young adults with Severe and Persistent Mental Illness.
- Perform client related documentation in accordance with Center policies and procedures, component specific guidelines and contract provisions, as applicable.
- Refer for client services as indicated
Email or send resume to Justin@theipgteam.com
Integrity Placement Group is a leading professional healthcare recruiting firm. Our core team has decades of industry experience which we put to work every day as your strategic partner. Based in Sarasota, Florida, we take pride in our diverse community and consider our work vital to our clients, candidates and the marketplace at large. As our name indicates, integrity is our core value, and we hope that holds true in your experience.
A higher standard.
We know that candidates and employers have many options when it comes to working with a recruitment partner. At Integrity, we pride ourselves in holding our team, our practices, and our partnerships to a higher standard.
Our work is about more than just finding an acceptable placement. We know that your organization thrives with the right talent in the right position, and we go the extra mile to make sure that our placements are just that: right on.
Values-based recruitment means that we honor what is important for each employer and each job seeker, and committed to finding the perfect relationship between the two. It also means that a culture of integrity – always doing the right thing – is inherent in every decision we make.