The Clinical Director at Integrative Trauma Treatment Center is responsible for ensuring quality care to clients through developing, implementing, overseeing, and assessing mental health programs, along with managing clinical staff for multiple sites. In addition to administrative duties, this role involves providing client based services.
Client Based Services
● Facilitates individual therapy sessions to individuals and/or group therapy
· Provides an initial diagnostic evaluation/intake assessment to new clients that includes:
o An ICD 10 Diagnosis
o Gathering biopsychosocial clinical data such as symptoms, history, etc.
o Completing a mini mental status exam
o Initial plan and recommendations for treatment
o Assessing the client’s supports, abilities, and strengths
● Create, maintain, and submit accurate records and documents in a timely manner.
o Initial assessment (within first 2 sessions)
o Treatment Plan and Level of Care assessment (within first 2 sessions)
o Chart notes and misc. notes as needed (within 24 hours of session)
● Makes appropriate referrals prior to the termination of services.
● Expected to maintain a caseload of minimum 15 clients
○ Or as per agreed upon number at the time of hire.
Supervision and Support
● Direct and operate services within the agency in a clinically excellent and financially viable manner.
● Instill and foster accountability in staff.
● Manage all members of the clinical staff including interviewing, hiring and evaluating job performance
● Conducts performance reviews timely and accurately
● Onboarding and orientation of new clinical staff
● Ensuring orientation materials are relevant and up to date
● Evaluate existing contract compliance, monitoring and reporting to ensure all goals are being met
○ Have an understanding of the clinical obligations in each contract and ensure all clinicians are compliant
○ Monitor notes and conduct chart reviews
○ Train and monitor staff on outcomes based care (ACORN)
○ Manage productivity of clinical staff
● Provide crisis support to therapists and clients as needed
● Regularly provide supervision to the clinical staff
○ Monthly individual supervision with all clinicians
○ Weekly supervision with interns (either group or individual)
● Monitor compliance with national and state quality and ethical standards
● Assist in disciplinary actions of administrative staff
● Disciplinary actions of clinical staff
● Establishes direct service expectations for clinical staff. Oversees monitoring of employee productivity and compliance as needed.
● Provides support and attention to employee successes and addresses performance issues promptly and effectively.
● Maintains accurate documentation of supervisory meetings.
● Travels between sites
● Assist in development, planning and implementation of strategies to manage program growth
● Develop policies and procedures to ensure quality services for clients and accountability for staff
● Marketing and networking
○ Creating a maintain relationships on behalf of ITTC within the community
○ Attend community events that ITTC is invited to
● Conduct regular clinical team meetings
● Encourage open communication amongst staff
● Cultivate positive work culture
● Meet and collaborate with the operations manager regularly
● Must be reliable and consistent with attendance and punctuality to work
● Reporting to and collaborating with CEO’s.
● Ensure that all clinical staff is in compliance with trainings
○ HIPAA, FWA, Mandatory Reporting, Licensure, CE hours
● Check e-mail/voice mail daily when working responding within a reasonable timeframe.
● Ensure programs meet standards for implementation and utilization of the clinical model.
● Ensure that collectively staff meets standards for quality of clinical practice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Working knowledge of the principles and practices of planning, organizing, and supervising mental health and/or substance abuse programs
● Considerable knowledge of the techniques and principles of evidence based practices such as cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, and/or internal family systems
● Strong organizational/time management skills; ability to multitask in a fast paced environment; demonstrate flexibility in regards to job duties and assignments; ability to make decisions, ability to work collaboratively with administrative team
● Understanding of utilization management and budgeting
● Knowledge and understanding of trauma focused interventions along with crisis interventions techniques
● Demonstrated organizational and administrative interest and skills in terms of program development.
● Ability to master use of proprietary software including electronic health record system.
● Master’s degree in social work
● At least two years of licensed clinical experience in a mental health setting.
● Licensed in discipline by appropriate state board
● Currently be certified or willing to be certified as a clinical supervisor