Business Development Manager
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
Under the general direction and supervision of the President/CEO or an assignee uses specific experience and successful track record in the pursuit and capture of federal government contract awards, associated with Medical Equipment products and services. Oversees all functions of the business unit, including, but not limited to, profit and loss. Identifies and develops new business through sales calls, presentations, strategies, and partnerships with integrators, small businesses, and federal agencies. Identifies programs well in advance of public release and briefs management of ITG’s options in pursuit of the deals. Remains actively involved in crafting the solution and/or ITG’s strategy in pursuit of an opportunity. Keeps track of costs on each program and identifies potential issues or overspending. Implements programs and helps determine if additional resources are necessary while moving forward in the program. Manages the business unit labor resources, if applicable, including TAMs, Account Reps, and Project Managers. Gives annual reviews to employees and helps with training, development, and trade shows. Travels as required. Handles confidential information.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supports and executes the mission statement and company goals of Integration Technologies Group.
2. Generates new business through outside sales activity including cold calls, networking, and building client relationships. Builds relationships with government agencies, integrators, reseller partners and commercial accounts.
3. Identifies teaming partners and bid opportunities; synopsizes and determines bid status.
4. Reads and understands customer solicitations; analyzes customer needs and requirements; determines ITG capabilities; ensures efficient and timely contract implementation.
5. Performs qualitative and quantitative research with existing customers and potential prospects to ensure profitability of contracts.
6. Assists in proposal cost analysis; develops pricing schedules and participates in proposal preparation.
7. Implements, manages, and monitors new contracts. Supervises Lead Technical Account Managers (TAMs), Project and Program Coordinators, and Project and Program Managers, on existing contracts. Ensures contract deliverables are met.
8. Manages and mentors Account Executives in the pursuit of qualified business opportunities.
9. Meets with Program Management at government and prime contractors on a regular basis to ensure customer satisfaction. Monitors Quality Control department surveys for customer satisfaction. Ensures that unsatisfied customers are contacted by a representative from ITG and the QA Manager to resolve complaints. Schedules meetings with TAMs to discuss new contracts, changes, problems, and ways to always improve customer services.
10. Generates regular reports as required.
11. Provides project management upon contract award.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or technical field, or equivalent training and work experience.
Specific experience and track record in the capture of Federal Government contract awards, associated with Medical Equipment products and services.
Minimum of 10 years of experience in the IT industry, and at least 5 years of experience selling products or services to the Federal Government.
Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed assigned targets and deadlines consistently. Experience in developing relationships with customers and partners preferred.
Must have strong interpersonal, verbal and writing communication skills.
Knowledge of the government bid process and regulations governing the process is desirable.
Integration Technologies GroupWhy Work Here?
Great work environment and great compensation and benefits; Medical and dental insurance premiums for employees paid fully by the company.
Integration Technologies Group, Inc. (ITG) was founded in 1984 to develop and provide IT systems and services to the Federal government and commercial sector. Our service offerings include the provisioning of hardware and software solutions, IT service management, professional services, consulting and training solutions, supply chain management, adaptive technologies, unified communications, and the design, installation, migration, and maintenance of IT solutions.
AddressFalls Church, VA