The Field Service Representative will be responsible for the day-to-day field support of digital information technology devices and communications systems for the Army's Airborne Battle Command system (formerly the A2C2S program and other variants). Focus areas will be on the installation, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of computing hardware, software, tactical radios and networking devices, as well as tactical and L-band satellite communications systems. Current knowledge of Army battle command systems and architecture is essential. This position is located in Huntsville, AL.
- Perform installation, troubleshooting, modification, repair, and testing of tactical computing and communications systems.
- Configure hardware, software, networking devices, and communications systems for proper operation within the Army tactical network.
- Provide hands-on operation and sustainment training to customer personnel.
- Document system failures for support-ability and reliability analysis.
- Mark, package, and ship system components for repair.
- Support requirements analysis and systems engineering processes.
- Coordinate with supported customer personnel and other stakeholders for all maintenance, modification, and configuration activities.
- Related MOS 25U
Successful candidate should possess:
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of relevant experience or 16 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in operating/maintaining Army Battle Command systems.
- Experience operating/maintaining tactical communications systems/tactical radios.
- Experience working on aviation electronics systems.
- Knowledge of aviation maintenance safety procedures.
- One or more Microsoft, CompTIA, or Cisco certifications (highly desired).
- Active Secret Security Clearance.
- Able to pass a FAA Class III flight physical.
- Medically qualified to deploy with US military forces overseas.
- Willing to travel in the US and deploy for extended periods overseas in austere hazardous duty locations.
Business Unit: ITSE
Clearance: Secret Required