Software Applications Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
For nearly 40 years, Integrated Support Systems, Inc. (ISS) has developed industry-leading software applications designed to support concurrent engineering, logistics, support analysis and configuration management efforts in integrated, enterprise-wide environments. Manufacturing and design organizations around the world have chosen our innovative SLICwave logistics workbench and InSync configuration management solutions.
Our headquarters near Clemson, South Carolina serves as the support base for our global network of customers in fifteen countries. ISS has a dedicated team of professionals who provide our customers with world-class products and services.
ISS is currently looking for an experienced software applications engineer to join our team of professionals. ISS offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. In addition, we provide opportunities for challenging work and personal and professional growth.
Software Applications Engineer
Description of Work
- Review, analyze, and translate customer engineering requirements into initial design of an engineering software product or enhancements to existing products.
- Prepare workflow charts and diagrams to specify, in detail, operations to be performed by computer programs and associated processes.
- Visualize the end product and communicate the requirements and design, through specifications, to Software Programmers who will implement the design.
- Test the software product throughout product implementation and installation on a variety of different computer systems (e.g. Windows platform) to ensure it satisfies the requirements.
- Prepare source materials for user documentation and training.
- Assist Customer Support Representatives in problem solving, interpreting requirements, and educating users on the use of products. Engineers are not primarily responsible for customer support but serve as resources on specific customer issues.
- Engineers may also have the opportunity to do software product training, on-site consultation, and software demonstrations.
- Develop expertise in engineering data standards and data modeling. Areas of focus are the ASD (AeroSpace and Defense Industries Associations of Europe) S Series Specifications (S1000D, S2000M, S3000L, S4000P, S5000F and S6000T), as well as the SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers) GEIA-STD-0007.
- Potentially perform software product training, on-site consultation, and software demonstrations.
Required Education and Experience
- BS or MS in engineering (Computer, Industrial or Mechanical, preferred).
- Advanced problem solving abilities.
- Cooperative attitude.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects effectively.
- Experience working on a software development project.
- Confidence working in MS Windows operating system, desirable.
We design our benefits to promote financial, physical and emotional well-being and to be competitive in the marketplace. Our package includes a 401K plan, two choices of health insurance plans plus dental and vision coverage, life and disability insurance (with options to increase) and a fitness club membership (or other health activity).
Integrated Support Systems, Inc.
TechnologyView all jobs at Integrated Support Systems, Inc.