ATTN: This is not a summer internship - the position is starts FEBRUARY 24th.
The Event Marketing Intern will work under the guidance and direction of ISS’ Senior Management Team, to carry out a variety of responsibilities that will contribute to the overall goals, objectives, and initiatives of our business. This ideal candidate will work to complete independent projects and/or provide support in the areas of graphic design, client communication, presentation-building and website/social media management. Hours and focus of work are flexible depending on availability, skills and interests however, it is important to note this is a 20-30-hour work week maximum. Above all, this is an opportunity for the right candidate to learn how a fast-growing startup works while adding value to a lean organization and seeing the immediate impact of good work.
Position: Event Marketing Intern
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Experience: Entry Level
Required Hours: 16 hours per week. Flexible (9-5:30pm)
Paid Internship: $13 - $15 per hour
Business Development Director, Operations Director, or Founders/Directors
Some things you’ll be doing:
· Assist in the writing and editing of various marketing materials
· Create marketing presentations and decks that have the wow factor
· Supports the development and execution of marketing plans
· Assists with planning and implementation of marketing programs
· Supports execution of all activities related to marketing communications
· Monitors budgets on assigned products/services; prepares reports as needed
· Monitors volumes, revenue, and profit plans on assigned products/services; prepares reports as needed
· Supports development and execution of new products and product improvement
· Creates templates for presentation; revises templates as needed
· Researches and monitors the competitive environment and provides input and analysis
· Supports the development and execution of advertising and/or opportunities to maximize business potential
· Performs general administrative duties including but not limited to correspondence, filing, photocopying, emailing
· Polices the brand ensures all brand marks a usage is correct according to the Brand Guidelines
· Create and send automated communications to new and existing clients using Cvent and Mailchimp
· Other duties as required
Social Media Community Management
· You will help plan content calendars and assist in brainstorming new content, with the opportunity to pitch and execute on new ideas.
· Source on-brand imagery and inspiration
· Work with Integrated Sports Solutions’ team to plan content for Integrated Sports Solutions’ social accounts
· Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter,
LinkedIn and Instagram), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities
· Increase the number of followers we have all social media platforms by following and engaging with potential clients, athletes, competitors, sponsors of the Global Sport/Entertainment & Esports industry
Soft skills & Hard Skills you’ll need to have:
· Strong attention to detail with well-honed organizational skills.
· Enthusiasm, humor, passion for the sporting event & entertainment vertical
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Keen eye for grammar and spelling.
· A knack for using Instagram, and a close familiarity with Instagram Stories.
· Ability to multi-task and manage own time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· Eagerness and willingness to learn many different skills.
· Creativity and a very keen sense of brand aesthetics.
· Interest in and understanding of the Instagram, and broader social media landscape, with passionate ideas about how to innovate and stay ahead of the curve. A strong, demonstrable grasp of the Integrated Sports Solutions tone of voice.