Research Associate II, Pathobiology
Integrated Resources, Inc Foster City, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Location: Foster City, CA.
This is a 100% Lab work role, candidates must be willing and able to go onsite in Foster City, CA.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- The individual will be part of the Pathobiology group to support drug development in diverse therapeutic areas such as fibrosis, inflammation, oncology, and virology.
- The research associate will prepare tissue specimens by sectioning FFPE and/or FF tissues (using a cryostat and/or microtome), and mount on glass slides for microscopic examination and analysis.
- The associate will be essential in the upkeep of the tissue database by accessioning tissue blocks, slides, and organizing the tissue inventory.
- This individual will also be responsible for properly utilizing and maintaining the assigned inventory tracking tools and software employed in the Pathobiology lab for all sample handling tasks to ensure chain of custody.
- The successful candidate will enProduct working in a team; carefully follow scientific protocols and apply meticulous attention to detail; is highly organized, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelors degree or higher in an area of biological science.
- At least 2+ year(s) of experience in histotechnology (routine histology skills) and experience in sectioning is a must. HT/HTL(ASCP) Certification is preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and skill in the following: adaptability; change management; decision making; interpersonal relations; oral communication; results orientation; teamwork; written communication and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to perform lab functions methodically and in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Experience using a LIS system is a plus but not required.
- Experience with IHC assay development and using whole slide scanners is a plus
Integrated Resources, Inc
AddressFoster City, CA
ScienceView all jobs at Integrated Resources, Inc