Integrated Resources, Inc Chandler, AZ
- Posted: over a month ago
Location: Chandler AZ
Duration: 12 (Possibility of Extension)
Shift work includes: 12 hour shifts working on an alternating schedule of 36 hours one week and 48 hours the next week. Day shift 6:00 am-6:00 pm, night shift 6:00 pm-6:00 am. Do must be able to work both shifts.
Technician core activities:
- The Megasys Technician helps support Versums Mega System of chemicals and controls throughout the Chandler site.
- Technicians will receive safety and on-the-job training with a Sr. Megasys Technician.
- Once training is complete, Technician is assigned a partner that will work as a team.
- Technicians will change 150+ drums, bottles, totes, bulk tankers and cylinders per shift.
- In some cases Technicians must put on Supplied Contained Breathing Air Respirator (this type of respirator provides air from a cylinder through a mask connected to the cylinder) while working with chemicals (approx. 10-15 minutes).
- Technicians may need to climb a tanker truck (18-wheeler), while using fall protection, to off-load chemicals into a drum.
- Physical demands on the job include walking (up to 5-6 miles/day), climbing ladders, lifting 25-50 lbs., bending down, stepping up and down in close quarters.
- Some areas require the use of hearing protection. KEs will wear hard hat, safety glasses and steel toed shoes at all times.
- Disposable chemical aprons are required in some areas along with Nitrile gloves and ear plugs.
- In very few areas slip-resistant booties are required, but are available if needed.
- On the job training will allow the technician to develop fundamental knowledge to assist with technical support, which includes equipment troubleshooting and system adjustments.
- Technician will develop a functional proficiency for site equipment, which includes chemical, slurry, and gas delivery systems Perform noninvasive preventative maintenance using documented procedures and update electronic equipment logs.
- Strong mechanical aptitude, troubleshooting skills and hands-on technical and/or electronics experience preferred.
- Must be a strong team player and willing to work rotating shifts, on-call schedule, holidays, weekends or off shifts.
- Willing to perform physical labor which is generally associated with cylinder and drum movements.
- A Fit for Duty Evaluation will be required prior to reporting and annually which include: Pulmonary Function Test for wearing a respirator, audiogram baseline for wearing hearing protection, physical exam.
- Workers are required to complete hazardous communication training (Right to Know) before work.
- There are no planned activities or work in which a worker is exposed to any of the products used onsite.
- We are interested in and highly encourage job seekers to apply who have an aptitude to learn, college graduates or individuals with military background.
- Shift work includes: 12 hour shifts working on an alternating schedule of 36 hours one week and 48 hours the next week. Day shift 6:00 am-6:00 pm, night shift 6:00 pm-6:00 am.Do must be able to work both shifts.
- Education must be on candidate resumes.
- Attendance: Worker must provide a two hour notice prior to the start of the scheduled shift if he/she is unable to report. Ensure that worker asks and has at least two contact names and telephone numbers!
- Work attire: Jeans are fine (no shorts), shirts with collars preferred (polos or button shirts)-nothing inappropriate written on them. Worker will be provided with vouchers to purchase safety boots, which they are required to wear. PPE made available to workers include: safety glasses, hard hat, ear plugs, chemical apron, gloves, etc
Integrated Resources, Inc
ManufacturingView all jobs at Integrated Resources, Inc