The IS Customer Support Specialist performs under the general direction of ISCSC Senior Specialists and the supervision of the Team Leader and Manager while working with peers in all areas to provide IT service management and support to end users. This individual must also inform senior staff members and department management of possible IT global issues and Major Incidents in a timely manner, .including the delivery of IT Global Event Notifications.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS* (in order of importance)% of TIME
- Process IT Incidents, Problems and Services requests. Respond to the IS Customer Support Center (CSC) ACD queue phone calls, emails and instant messages in the, and perform other department production tasks as needed, or as assigned by manager.
- Triage, troubleshoot, diagnose, resolve/route Incidents and Service Requests received via. Telephone according to CSC SLAs. Document all actions and customer encounters in the Service Now ticketing tool
- Provide on-call support as assigned according to CSC SLAs.
- Process IT Global Event Notifications and provide ITIL major incident and problem management support according to CSC SLAs
- As needed, at direction of IS Customer Support Team Leader and Manager, participate in departmental, meetings and discussions to facilitate communications, update documentation, maintain department tools/applications.
- In coordination with Senior IS Customer Support Specialists, IS Customer Support Team Leader and Manager, proactively analyze, design, document and implement operational improvements including: policy, procedure, process and workflow changes related to CSC departmental operations
- Perform other activities as directed by department management
EDUCATION: (Minimum education & certifications required)
Associates Degree in Computer related field or equivalent combination of experience and professional training required. Bachelor's degree and/or Technical certification in one or more current Microsoft Windows operating systems or Network Administration preferred.
EXPERIENCE: (Years of experience)
Minimum of 1-2 years' experience in technical customer service and support role, preferably in a call center environment including:
- Basic level understanding of call center operations and ITIL Service Desk Incident, Service Request and Problem Management
- Basic level understanding and skill with call tracking and documentation systems
- Basic level understanding of technical support concepts
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (Include interpersonal skills)
- Demonstrated basic understanding of IT software support, service and configuration Management including but not limited to the following technical concepts or applications:
- Network Diagnosis and Troubleshooting including understanding of Wireless and DSL connectivity and equipment and common home and public facility (hotel, hospital, etc.) network configurations
- Information Security Access control, authentication, threat prevention and user education
- Remote Control, Diagnostic and software deployment tools
- Decision Trees and Root Cause Analysis
- Enterprise Email, Calendaring and Instant Messaging
- Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Access
- Microsoft Management Console
- Microsoft Active Directory Services
- Windows, Unix and Lenox environments
- Systems Computer/Console Operations
- Systems Security and User Administration
- Systems Software Installation & Upgrade
- Alphanumeric keyboarding at a speed of 25 wpm or greater.
- Basic customer service and problem solving
- Effective oral and written communications skills including the ability to effectively communicate technical instructions
- Competency in adaptability, including the ability to quickly learn complex technical and business processes, applications and technology
- Ability to maintain composure, focus and professionalism during difficult customer encounters and/or crisis situations.
- Ability to work independently but productively, and cohesively with team members, end users, and colleagues at all levels of skill, seniority and role, without regard to gender, race, culture, creed, ethnicity or age, fostering an atmosphere of trust, competency and respect.
- Basic organizational skills, with ability to self-prioritize work, multitask; adjust to changing priorities, and to function in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to build, maintain and support positive and productive relationships with customers, colleagues and team members, acting as an advocate for customers and team members within the IS organization.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel,
- Will be required to provide On Call support as assigned, when the department is closed, typically weekends, holidays, and from 5:00 pm 7:00 am weekdays. This requires carrying a pager, cell phone, and a laptop/tablet with essential software and configuration required to perform all IS CSC support tasks, at all times while on call. Also, supply the ISCSC Manager and Team Leader with a personal phone number where they may reached after hours in the event of an emergency or failure of the on call alert system.
- Must have digital dexterity and communication skills to enable reasonably accurate data entry while conversing via telephone.
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, and ability to wear a telephone headset to perform job duties.
- Must have the ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing in the English language, and to be clearly understood via telephone.
- Requires the ability to stay focused in a dynamic environment, and able to quickly adapt to changes.
- Requires strong aural, verbal and visual abilities.
- May sometimes require the ability to move or lift objects up to 50 lbs. without assistance, and to maneuver under, around and behind office furniture and telecommunications wiring assemblies to repair, replace, relocate or troubleshoot issues with network and PC hardware peripherals.
- Department hours of operation are 7:00 am 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Work schedule includes one-hour lunch period. Will occasionally need to work after-hours to support departmental projects and initiatives. Schedule may vary to maintain proper support coverage, based upon business needs. May occasionally be required to travel between campuses.