Project Manager / Program Manager, Pharmaceutical Drug Development or Medical Device Development
- Expired: September 28, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
*Sign-on bonus payable at 6 month anniversary*
*Potential for Partial Remote Work*
*Relocation Assistance is Available*
IPM is a business consulting firm that advises on and leads the execution of our clients’ most complex initiatives. For over 30 years, we have led more than 5,000 projects for over 500 clients across the U.S. Our clientele ranges from Fortune 100 companies to startups.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Boston, Parsippany, Minneapolis, St. Louis, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Our consultants either live in one of the cities where we have an office and primarily commute locally to the client’s site, or live in other cities throughout the U.S. and travel weekly to the client’s location.
Our Project Management Consultants are our full-time employees. They are the competitive advantage that sets us apart from the rest.
The Project Management Consultant is experienced in leadership, accountable for overall project execution, and will work with clients in the pharmaceuticals or medical device industry.
As a Project Management Consultant, your primary goals and focus will be to:
- Integrate on-site into the client environment to effectively lead project teams while building positive professional relationships with clients and associates.
- Define project objectives, requirements, and assumptions necessary to structure a project or activity.
- Plan, schedule, and control project activities to fulfill objectives and satisfy project requirements.
- Develop and drive integrated project plans, aligning project tactics with project strategy.
- Establish, maintain, and lead high performance project teams, serving as the project advocate within the client organization. Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and motivate all associated project resources to gain alignment on project goals and deliverables.
- Lead risk management within project teams, ensuring risks have appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
- Manage projects within established scope, schedule, and budget while meeting and exceeding IPM project management standards.
- Develop and document high-level strategies for accomplishing specific project objectives.
- Facilitate and lead effective project meetings, manage change and conflict, and develop resource planning estimates to manage project workload and productivity.
The ideal candidate for the Project Management Consultant position will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering discipline. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- 10-20+ years of industry experience in the pharmaceuticals industry.
- 5+ years of project management experience leading drug development or device development projects.
- Knowledge and application of a disciplined project management process (Project Management Professional certification is a plus).
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively communicate and build relationships with a broad spectrum of audiences at all organizational levels.
- Sound technical aptitude and proven ability to grasp general knowledge of multiple disciplines and technologies with superior computer usage skills.
- Strong competencies in planning, project management, and organization with the ability to lead multiple activities and resources while maintaining a focus on quality.
- Ability to produce and present clear, concise, and professionally written communications and presentations.
Relocation and Travel Requirements
- IPM will provide relocation assistance for relocation to Boston, Chicago, San Francisco or Los Angeles. When residing in one of those cities, travel up to 50% of the time may be required.
- Travel 80-100% of the time may be required for those who don’t relocate.
- While ability to travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, some non-essential travel has been suspended. When travel is suspended, the Project Management Consultant will work remotely.
- Full-time employment with a growing company
- Philanthropy driven culture
- Bench time in between projects dedicated to personal and professional development
- Formal new hire orientation to position you for success
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Annual performance bonus potential
- 100% employer-paid health, dental, and life insurance coverage for employees
- 401(k) matching
- Paid training and certification
- 100% promotion from within
- Quarterly social activities
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Assistance with relocation
Integrated Project Management Company
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
TechnologyView all jobs at Integrated Project Management Company