Project Manager / Program Manager, Operational Excellence
- Posted: over a month ago
*Relocation Assistance is Available*
IPM is a business consulting firm that advises on and executes companies’ most complex initiatives. Headquartered in Chicago with offices in Boston, San Francisco, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Los Angeles, and Parsippany, NJ. IPM has led more than 5,000 projects for more than 500 clients in the United States and across continents. Our clientele ranges from Fortune 100 companies to startups.
IPM was a recipient of the 2018 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award. In addition, IPM is a certified “Great Place to Work" company and has been named to the GPTW list of Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services.
Our Project Management Consultants are our full-time employees. They are our most important asset and the competitive advantage that sets us apart from the rest.
Within Operational Excellence, IPM partners with clients across a variety of manufacturing industries. At each new engagement, you’ll leverage the continual exposure and experiences from working in a variety of clients and project types. You’’ collaborate with your highly talented IPM colleagues who will not only share their skills and experience with you, but who will also be eager to learn from you. You’ll need to solve complex problems, as our clients don’t come to us when their business is running smoothly and their challenges are simple. Our client’s issues include:
- Capital Expansion – Capacity or Technology Improvements (e.g. Vertical Start-Up, Operational Readiness)
- Manufacturing Improvements – (e.g. Enterprise & local transformations, cost reductions, OEE improvements)
- Supply Chain Optimization – (e.g. Network Redesign, Service Level (OTIF) Improvements)
In these areas it is important you can demonstrate the ability to both contribute ideas and insights as well as deliver immediate and tangible improvements in business performance. Our project management consultants have a reputation for partnering with our clients and their teams to deliver real changes, lasting benefits while exceeding expectations.
As a Project Management Consultant, your primary focus will be to:
- Development, management, and leadership of improvement strategies and initiatives
- Performance of assessments utilizing analytical skills to identify root causes of problems and associated financial opportunities
- Collection of and analysis of data as well as the gathering and documentation of client requirements (e.g. product workflows, OEE waterfalls) collaborating with the client team to define solutions
- Manage projects within established scope, schedule, and budget while meeting and exceeding IPM project management standards
- Establish, maintain, and lead high performance project teams, serving as the project advocate within the client organization. Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and motivate all associated project resources to gain alignment on project goals and deliverables
- Create and present both executive-level and detailed updates and final project readout deck
- Develop and document high-level strategies for achieving specific objectives or activities (hierarchical strategy, process flow, Final Project Summary, etc.).
- Professionally communicate verbally with a broad spectrum of audiences including senior level executives
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate for this position should have the following skills and experience:
- A Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering discipline, with a preference for industrial engineering or operations management
- 5+ years of professional experience with at least 2 of those years with a proven track record of delivering successful projects in manufacturing, operations, or supply chain environments
- Be well versed in operational excellence methodologies, passionate about their clients, and dedicated to delivering high-quality solutions (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma certifications are a plus)
- Have demonstrated flexibility and the willingness to tailor your approach specifically based on IPM’s methodologies and client’s needs
- Be comfortable functioning as either an individual project management consultant or in a team-based role, with a focus on delivery and implementation. Great consulting advice and analysis alone does not deliver business results for our clients.
- Have the ability to lead multiple activities and resources while maintaining a focus on quality (Project Management certification is a plus)
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively communicate and build relationships with a broad spectrum of audiences at all organizational levels. Translating technical concepts into broadly understood terms is an essential skill.
- If you think you can work with high caliber colleagues on complex and high-profile projects, we'd like to hear from you. In return we'll provide you the opportunities, support, and training for you to develop your career to the fullest of your capabilities; it's not just what you've done that's interesting to us – it's what you are capable of achieving.
- Diverse projects: we take on a wide variety of project work, ensuring significant exposure to many clients and a broad range of opportunities to grow your professional experience
- Collaborative work environment: we have a well-structured system to bring support from managers, internal teams, and our Centers of Excellence (CoE), which serve as a resource for specific service and industry knowledge, tools, and best practices
- Family with engaging culture: we believe in protecting our greatest asset, our people, with a culture that nurtures a caring environment with a transparent communication approach, culture-building and team-building events, both regional and companywide
- Professional development: we care about your training and development. You’ll get a thorough onboarding to ensure you’re prepared, and we’ll create the bandwidth you need to further your career at IPM. You are IPM’s future; we only promote from within
- Comprehensive compensation and benefits program: including 100% employer-paid health, 401(k) matching, business development incentives, and performance bonus amongst many other elements
- Passion for the greater good: we are steadfast in our devotion to the communities we serve and in actively promoting employee involvement in community improvement projects. We’ve created Project Mercy to channel and maximize our philanthropic efforts every quarter.
Integrated Project Management Company
ConstructionView all jobs at Integrated Project Management Company