Accounts Payable Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
Integrated Pain Management (IPM) offers a full complement of pain therapies, from highly specialized treatments, to the most sophisticated interdisciplinary pathways and programs. We address one of the most complex and challenging problems in our society, chronic pain. Our center is committed to providing the highest level of patient service. From its inception, our clinicians have placed an emphasis on providing medical services that make sense from the patients’ perspective. IPM has disseminated its expertise in pain management by increasing its sphere of influence through geographic expansion and education through publications, lectures and teaching. Our rehabilitation programs for chronic pain sufferers set the standard in holistic approaches for managing chronic pain.
IPM Medical Group is hiring for an Accounts Payable Specialist to work out of our Corporate Office in Walnut Creek, CA. This is NOT a remote-work role.
This position is part of the team responsible for all accounts payable functions necessary to support the Finance and Accounting team.
Candidates must be able to show proof of COVID vaccination or exemption prior to interview.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Meet deadlines while ensuring that payables transactions are being coded accurately, allocated properly, and processed efficiently
- Upload invoices from various vendor sites and ensure timely payments
- Review and process employee expense reimbursements and ensure compliance with company policies
- Research a high volume of inquiries regarding the status and other payment information
- Correspond with vendors/employees and respond to inquiries
- Monitor vendor payment agreements to find discounts that can be used to reduce invoice amounts
- Reconcile vendor monthly statements to confirm all outstanding invoices have been received and entered
- Work closely with site employees regarding coding, invoice entries and proper and timely approval
- Manage all vendor data (W-9s, banking information, etc.) and the filing of 1099s
- Extend excellent customer service for both internal and external customers
- Ensure accuracy of accounts payable related general ledger accounts
- Participate in month-end close, annual audit and tax filings
- Comply with and promote corporate policies, procedures, and ensure proper internal controls are being followed
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and implement changes and improvements to the Accounts Payable processes and systems to ensure scalability
- Maintenance of paperless filing system
- Performs duties of other Accounting Team Members in their absence or as needed
- Additional duties as requested
- Bachelor's or associate's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field
- 2+ years accounts payable experience and general accounting knowledge (general ledger, prepaids, accruals)
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, meet strict deadlines, and adapt to a growing department/company
- Maintain an organized paper and electronic filing system
- Strong computer skills including a high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Teams, Sharepoint)
- NetSuite experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, Xlookups)
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently to establish and manage work priorities, activities, and timelines to achieve results
- Exhibits sound judgment and swift decision-making skills
- Ability to critically review, analyze, summarize, and report findings and recommendations
We offer generous medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits. In addition, we offer paid time off, 401(k) with employer matching, holiday pay, and a competitive salary. This position is subject to a pre-employment drug screen and satisfactory completion of a background check.
IPM strives to be a diverse workforce that reflects, at all job levels, the patients we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer.
IPM Medical Group is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please contact us.
Integrated Pain Management Medical Group, Inc.
AddressWalnut Creek, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Integrated Pain Management Medical Group, Inc.