An entry-level biomedical technician who is capable of doing preventive maintenance on a wide variety of biomedical equipment. Should have a technical background and the ability to perform minor repairs. Expected to learn troubleshooting skills and operation of a wide variety of biomedical equipment. He/she will be expected to participate in business growth and productivity improvement initiatives.
· Will perform PM's and repairs on a variety of biomedical equipment
· Will mentor and assist PM technicians as required
· Will identify training needs for self
· Will assure the service area is clean and orderly, providing a safe environment for service personnel
· Will assure accurate database entry and reports
· Expected to meet production goals set for department
· Perform monthly asset and service parts inventory count
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Basic troubleshooting ability
· Some knowledge of various hospital / homecare medical equipment
· Excellent customer communication skills
· Computer literate with an understanding of database operations
· Understanding of and ability to operate basic electronic test equipment
· Basic knowledge of electronics, electricity, electro-mechanical, fluidics, pneumatics and hydraulic theories and practices.
· Strong work ethic and focus on quality work
· Must be organized.
· Strong attention to detail, ability to maintain focus with intermittent distractions
· Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel
· Strong organization and time management skills
· Professionalism and mature sense of accountability
· Ability to work closely with other members of the IMS Team
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and learn quickly
· Ability to communicate clearly in writing
· Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
· Ability to work under pressure with positive attitude
· Ability to remain flexible and respond to changing priorities while remaining focused on results
· Willing to perform other duties and tasks as directed
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment, to push/pull equipment carts and to kneel, stand, bend, and reach during equipment repair.
Associate's Degree in an electronic field, preferably biomedical, or a combination of education and experience
HOURS & PAY RATE:
Monday-Friday, 9:00am-6:00pm w/1 hour unpaid lunch break