Home Health Care and Hospice Agency in Lake County Illinois is seeking for an On-Call basis (nights and weekends) registered nurse who is responsible for implementation and coordination of field services in accordance with Agency objectives, standards, and policies. Assists with the development and implementation of home health and hospice service programs.
Area of coverage: Lake County, Cook County, McHenry County
1. Conducts initial assessment of the client's needs in the the home or facility. Familiar with OASIS application, documents findings and communicates in a timely fashion.
2. Involves the client in the development and maintenance of individualized service plan based upon realistic goals.
3. Documents and implements the care plans based on client needs and problems and updates as needed.
4. Conducts service conference with Agency Director and multidisciplinary team on a monthly basis or as often as needed regarding client status and ongoing service needs.
5. Conducts supervisory visits or delegates same every 2 weeks for Home Health Aide services to assess quality and appropriateness of service provision.
6. Is available to make urgent visit as needed.
7. Demonstrates ability to to work effectively with clients, staff, and members of the home ahd supportive care teams.
8. Maintains current knowledge of home health and supportive services through attendance of workshops, conferences, and participation with professional organization and through individual reading.
9. Performs QA activities and other duties as assigned.
1. Current Illinois License as Registered Professional Nurse
2. At least 2 years of recent nursing experience, home health care preferred
3. Current Illinois driver's license and auto insurance coverage
4. Proof of ability to perform the essential job functions and is in good health as indicated in the current physician's statement of health status
5. Flexible and able to work effectively with clients and agency personnel