Southeast Homecare is currently looking for multiple compassionate and caring Per-Diem Home Health Aides to provide quality care for homebound patients in the Lakeland, Winter Haven, Bartow, and Lake Wales area in Polk County. Do you have a positive attitude, and are an energetic and dedicated team player? If so, then we’d like to make you an offer you can’t refuse.
Why Should You Apply?
We appreciate our employees and have employee recognition programs that let you know you are a valued member of the team.
Southeast Homecare offers:
- Immediate work availability with competitive pay rates!
- Flexible scheduling - work as much as you like with a dedicated staff of home health colleagues.
- Must be certified as an HHA and have completed a minimum of 75 hours of training which includes an introduction to personal care service.
- Must comprehend the basics of personal care, housekeeping and meal preparation.
- Must understand and respect patient’s including ethics and confidentiality of care.
- Must have valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance and reliable transportation
- One (1) year experience in the home or long-term care setting is preferred.
- Must pass required AHCA background check
- Must have Wound care experience and CPR/IV-E Certified.
- Follows the patient’s plan of care for completion of tasks assigned to a home health aide by the registered nurse or other skilled professional to provide, safe, competent care/service to the patient.
- Helps the client to maintain good personal hygiene and assists in maintaining a healthful, safe environment.
- Assists the client with ambulation as approved.
- Encourage the client to become as independent as possible according to the care plan.
- Maintains an open communication process with the patient, representative (if any), caregivers, and family.
- Honors the patient’s rights with the ability to treat and care for the patient’s property with dignity and respect.
- Attempts to promote patient’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest.
- Observes and reports any changes in the client's mental or physical condition or in the home situation to the supervisor.
- Performs routine housekeeping tasks as related to a safe and comfortable environment for the client
- Demonstrates competency with assigned tasks.
- Complies with infection prevention and control policies and procedures.
- Electronic charting via point of care (Training Provided)
- Works with personnel of other community agencies involved in the client's care.
- Attends in-service as required by regulation.
- Promptly reports any change in client condition to the Supervisor.
- Works within the Home Aide’s scope of practice, as directed by a Registered Nurse or other skilled professional and reports in writing to the Supervising Nurse.