JOB SUMMARY: Do you enjoy working with your hands and enjoy problem solving? Do you like working with tools and coming up with solutions? A Cleaning and Repair Technician is responsible for performing the repairs of the power chairs and scooters in our facility and at patient’s homes, ordering parts needed and arranging warranty procedures with the manufacturers, instructing patients on the usage of the items and keeping electronic records in the system of the orders done.
- Repairs and maintains Durable Medical Equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Maintains Cleaning and Repair area in a neat, clean and organized condition.
- Accounts for all tools, and maintains tool boxes and drawers clean and organized.
- Ensures that all equipment labels are affixed properly and all bar-coded information is accurate.
- Ensures that there is no cross contamination between equipment and follows proper procedures when handling both ready and non-ready equipment.
- Maintains all records for items turned around in order and organized.
- Makes sure manufactures documentation along with Patient Education Forms are included on all items.
- Maintains an inventory of parts on hand at all times.
- Ensures that all diagnostic tools are sent for re-certification in a timely manner.
- Accesses’ up-to-date information from manufacturers on repairs, maintenance and parts.
- Strictly adheres to company policy and procedures on Infection Control and Safety.
- Participates in training programs including attendance at company in-services and views educational video tapes including safety shorts.
- Follows company procedures for battery care, including inventory maintenance, storage and disposals.
- Follows company procedures for warranty on all pieces of equipment according to the manufacturer’s warranty guidelines.
- Instructs patients on how to use the items.
- Uses a Toughbook to ensure the orders are electronically closed in the system.
- Orders parts needed and also arranges warranties with manufacturers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One to two years of experience in the DME/RT industry in any capacity, one year DME/RT purchasing or two to three years general purchasing
- Interpersonal skills to be able to communicate effectively and clearly with internal customers including customer service, intake, department heads, senior management and supplier sales representatives
- Able to work independently and under pressure.
- Possess good organizational skill
- Be familiar with medical terminology and supplies.
- Dependable in attendance and job performance.
- Required to uphold the principles of compliance as outlined in the Code of Conduct, Employee Handbook and related policies and procedures. Supports and participates in the mandatory Corporate Compliance Program training initiative on an annual or more frequent basis, as required.