We are a growing MSP looking for a remote IT Support Specialist to assist in supporting our client base. This position will be responsible for day to day client support, knowledge management creation and updates as well as project assignments as needed. The position will primarily work in our IT Help Desk support center and report to the Support Services Team Manager.
Can you troubleshoot and identify core issues, create solutions, and effectively communicate that solution? If so, we want you to join our team.
• Be the primary contact for projects and support services when addressing network & system issues.
• Create and update documentation on knowledgebase
• Participate in on-call rotation.
• Provide phone and email support to clients for a wide variety of technology issues
• Assist with other projects or duties as assigned.
• Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade customer’s networks and in house servers.
• Install and integrate new server hardware and applications.
• Keep an eye out for needed updates.
• Support and administer third-party applications.
• Ensure network security and connectivity.
• Assist Sales with quoting needs for potential and current customers.
• Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, and latency) and test for weaknesses.
• Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
• Resolve problems reported by end user.
• Assist project team with onsite installation issues and programming.
• Define network policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Specify system requirements and design solutions.
• Potentially travel to client locations to perform site survey, installation and/or troubleshooting.
• Research and make recommendations on server system administration.
• Focus on client needs and customer service at all times.
• Proven experience in a network and systems troubleshooting.
• Hands on experience in end user technical support.
• Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
• Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
• Ability to set up and configure server hardware.
• Detail-oriented, methodical, follows up and follows through.
• Knowledge of IT industry a must.
• Exceptional organizational skills with a proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
• A team player with good interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively across departments.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated problem-solving abilities, ability to excel in a fast-paced, changing environment.
• A self-starter who is assertive, proactive, independent, flexible and accommodating.
• Expertise with Microsoft Office applications; comfortable learning and navigating new technology and software applications.
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• 1 – 2 years’ experience supporting end user computing issues
• CompTIA A+ Certification Preferred
• CompTIA Network+ Certification Preferred
Commensurate with experience. Please include salary requirements with cover letter.