Job Description – Senior Epidemiologist (Full-Time and Remote)
Inflexxion, an Integrated Behavioral Health (IBH) company, specializes in the surveillance and analysis of emerging public health issues related to prescription drug abuse, substance use, behavioral health, and pain management.
With a mission to drive public health improvements within the industry, Inflexxion offers a continuum of solutions to healthcare organizations, provider communities, pharmaceutical companies, and regulatory authorities, providing data and analytic services to inform and support decision-making related to substance use disorders, including opioid addiction.
This position is responsible for carrying out a range of analytical epidemiologic investigations for client-based and other research projects including advanced analyses of surveillance data regarding substance use/abuse and other health outcomes. The Senior Epidemiologist will work closely with the Chief Science Officer, Associate Director, Data Manager, and other Inflexxion senior researchers (e.g., epidemiologists, biostatisticians) to plan, design, and conduct analyses for epidemiologic investigations as well as assist in development of study protocols, statistical analysis plans, and writing scientific reports.
Inflexxion, an IBH company, is currently seeking a Senior Epidemiologist to join its Health Analytics team. This position is full-time and remote.
- Conduct epidemiologic analyses of surveillance data regarding substance use/abuse and other health outcomes data from Inflexxion’s proprietary databases as well as external or newly developed databases.
- Design investigations, including hypothesis generation, determining methodological techniques, and development of study protocols, statistical analysis plans, and client or research proposal development.
- Analyze data from multiple sources with the goal of identifying patterns and trends within defined populations. Data sources include proprietary quantitative treatment center data, qualitative Internet-based data, survey data, and other data sources as identified.
- Develop, conduct, and analyze data from health-related surveys of various populations.
- Ability to synthesize analytic results to write study reports, requiring excellent scientific writing skills.
- Prepare abstracts, slides, posters, and manuscripts for publication and/or presentation of project results.
- Communicate findings from epidemiology studies to relevant internal and external audiences, including clients, regulators, and other industry professionals. Ensure findings are communicated effectively, and as appropriate in conference presentations, publications, and other means
- Serve as an independent project lead: coordinating tasks with others in the Health Analytics department (senior researchers, biostatisticians, research assistants, interns) and work plans for assigned projects and client deliverables.
- Participate in client-facing project meetings and interface with various project teams in order to complete assigned projects and deliverables.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance of other epidemiologists and research staff including supervision and review of work assignments and performance.
- Master (MS/MPH) degree with 5 or more years of experience in applied epidemiology, public health, or related discipline or other experience conducting health care data analyses or public health research.
- Ability to apply epidemiological principles and methods to the analysis of health surveillance data, as well as interpret the significance of health and other data to draw appropriate scientific conclusions.
- Ability to identify the need for further investigation or other public health action from assessment of current data.
- Thorough and up-to-date technical knowledge of epidemiology and biostatistics methods with a sound understanding of research methodology. This includes both qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Experience developing surveys and analyzing survey data.
- Proficiency in application and conduct of advanced statistical methods (e.g., multivariate regression, stratified analyses, and mixed modeling techniques).
- Proficient in SAS coding and the analysis of data utilizing statistical software. Experience using SPSS in addition to SAS is a plus.
- Experience working with large health care databases and surveillance data.
- Database manipulation skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision on complex projects.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite applications
- Work effectively with a multidisciplinary team.
This position will be a remote position. If interested and qualified, please submit resume and cover letter. We will respond to qualified candidates.