Integral Recruiting Services LLC Milwaukee, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Integral Recruiting Services is seeking a Buyer Planner for one of our clients in the Greater Milwaukee area. This is an exciting opportunity with a stable, growing organization that specializes in providing a variety of home products to enhance living spaces at affordable prices. This position is an addition to the team due to an internal promotion. It is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Forecasting. It will be a mix of on-site and remote from home work.
The Buyer Planner creates and maintain demand for assigned products and distribution centers, reviews material requirements for actual and forecasted sales, and plans and purchases quality products, while meeting the company’s availability and inventory KPI goals.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary.
- Update and manage the rolling unconstrained 12-month finished goods forecast in ERP by assigned items, by DC locations.
- Ensure alignment with Sales, Product Managers and Customer Service when making significant inventory and forecast adjustments.
- Support Demand and Supply Management to execute the S&OP process. Use knowledge gained to make forecast adjustments.
- Continually monitor demand needs and supply timing to identify issues and opportunities. Adjust supply timing as needed to improve service to customers and/or meet inventory objectives.
- Run MRP status reports and analyze for adequate inventory levels of products to meet projected sales needs. Process purchase orders and/or blanket orders for needed materials to meet sales requirements. Monitor and address issues with in-stock rates on key items.
- Develop buying strategies to account for variances in business trends vs. plan.
- Maintain technical competency with ERP systems and best practices. Experience with Apprise or Netsuite a plus.
- Meet with vendors/suppliers to discuss current performance – quality, lead time and on-time delivery and opportunities for improvement. Visit supplier locations as required to become familiar with their products and processes.
- Release kits work orders for the DC to process as required.
- Assist in reconciling invoice and receiving transaction discrepancies.
- Process returns for defective product and expedite replacement products as needed. Process inventory adjustments according to departmental procedures.
- Record supplier non-conformances and follow appropriate corrective actions per departmental procedures. Drive supplier adherence to Design House standards and improvement.
- Develop and maintain ecommerce inventory and in-stock reporting and assist with performance reporting as it relates to demand, demand changes YOY and to forecast and inventory to plan.
- Maximize sales and inventory turns by managing supply and inventory and developing appropriate inventory strategies through supply timing and sales opportunities.
- Provide forecast guidance/mitigation options to Operations team for future sales/receipts and their impact on DC labor needs & capacity planning. Manage DC relationships, facilitating meetings to address quality, capacity, and logistics issues.
- Monitor SKU level inventory turns, correlate with service level and carrying cost, and recommend SKU rationalization initiative.
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements. Evolve and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, planning, or related field is required, exception possible for highly extensive and meaningful work experience.
- 3+ years in forecasting, planning, and purchasing roles, preferably in an Ecommerce environment, is required.
- Understanding of what drives volume sales by SKU across many products on high volume ecommerce sites.
- Solid background in Ecommerce supply chain and S&OP a big plus. APICS CPIM certification highly desirable.
- Business acumen and analytical capabilities: ability to use data-driven insights to make decisions and evaluate risks and opportunities.
- Proficient in advanced Excel skills. Strong data driven, problem solving skills are also important.
- Ability to present data and influence discussion with executives, peers, and members of cross-functional teams.
- Self-starter with excellent follow through.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proven ability to multi-task effectively.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to the office and warehouse conditions prevalent at the time in terms of temperature/weather. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is not eligible for sponsorship of work authorization. Therefore, if you require sponsorship from us for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time. We also desire local candidates
Integral Recruiting Services LLC
BusinessView all jobs at Integral Recruiting Services LLC