Front Desk Receptionist
- $20 Hourly
The Front Desk Receptionist delivers superior customer service for all of our patients and visitors in a welcoming environment. The overall goal is to provide our patients with a patient-centered experience within a health care center of Traditional Chinese Medicine. The Receptionist works closely with their colleagues at the front desk, Herb Room, as well as the doctors and practitioners. Additionally, they are responsible for maintaining and executing all front desk duties, which includes runner duties, all while handling phone calls and checking in and out all patients.
This position is based in our Santa Monica location.
The Front Desk Receptionist reports directly to the Office Manager, Assistant Manager as well as an indirect report to the Operations Manager and Asst to Ops.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Greet all patients arriving, approaching the desk and leaving the office.
- Answer multi-line phones with heavy call volume.
- Check in & check out patients, which also includes: posting service charges, processing payments, verify payments, scheduling future appointments and provide herb instructions, as needed.
- Runner duties include: checking in patient, escorting to treatment room, monitor patient activity and respond to any calls, clean treatment rooms after each patient, clean cups and other items, as necessary.
- Appointments and scheduling: book, change and cancel appointments; familiarity with scheduling and balancing multiple practitioner schedules, including late patients; ability to learn appointment/booking software.
- Perform other clerical/receptionist duties such as: filing & pulling files (patient files), photocopying and faxing.
- Process shipments: handling phone and emailed orders; assist with processing outgoing parcels via Fed Ex, UPS and USPS, as needed, with minimal to no errors.
- Ensure reception area and waiting room are clean, tidy and presentable at all times.
- Stock and replenish any displays and on-hand supply with products; assist with monitoring inventory; and occasional assistance with merchandising products on display.
- Cross-train in all areas of the front office and assist in these areas when assigned or as needed: check in, check out, back office and runner.
- Clean treatment rooms, including re-stocking and report any issues or repairs needed.
- Support Office Manager and Assistant Office Manager with special projects (as needed) and communicates progress and completion to both Assistant and Office Managers.
- Must cross train in the Herb Room and on a 2nd software system. May need to work in our Pasadena office occasionally.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum Education: High School diploma required; some college or college degree, preferred.
- Minimum Experience: One to two (1-2) years of medical office experience and/or customer service experience.
- Customer service- internal and external
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure and multi-task.
- Problem solving capabilities
- Detail-oriented and organizational skills
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to work equally well in a team environment and independently
- Dependable and hardworking with a positive, team-player attitude.
- Flexible and willing to assist with duties when and where needed.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and OSHA compliance, preferred.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, and Outlook) with the ability to learn programs as needed
- Physical Requirements: running, lifting, bending, reaching, sitting, standing and kneeling.
- Flexible schedule
About the Company:
We are a highly respected Acupuncture clinic that has been in business for over 30 years. We offer acupuncture, herbal and nutritional therapies, bodywork, and mind-body life coaching services that are designed to provide our patients with quality and individualized care to help them live healthier lives.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Santa Monica
Work Remotely: No
At Tao of Wellness, we are a highly respected Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine clinic that has been in business for over 30 years. We offer acupuncture, herbal and nutritional therapies, bodywork, and mind-body life coaching services that are designed to provide our patients with quality and individualized care to help them live healthier lives.
Integral Health Management
1240 Sixth Street Santa Monica CA 90401Santa Monica, CA
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.