Legal Compliance Specialist
Integr8staff Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: 29 days ago
- $60,000 to $68,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical, vision
Job Title – Legal Compliance Specialist (QA)
Location – Los Angeles (Downtown)
Regular, Full Time - Temporarily Offsite
Salary – DOE
(PLEASE NOTE: Position is temporarily remote for COVID-19, Must be okay returning to an office environment full-time)
Job Summary of the Legal Compliance Specialist position
Integr8staff seeks an experienced Legal Compliance Specialist to perform compliance audits of cash transactions in relation to client trust balances and other cash transactions. This role will also lead annual auditing of Client Matter Trust Accounts, resolving matter trust balances, researching and resolving unidentified receipts, and managing the company’s unclaimed property resolution process among others. This is a phenomenal growth career opportunity with a globally recognized organization and one of North America’s top legal firms.
Responsibilities of the Legal Compliance Specialist position
- Establish Compliance Requirements, Compliance calendar/timeline, goals and deliverables.
- Responsible for management reporting on efforts.
- Review client Engagement Letters, and company policies and procedures and requirements for allocation of client remittances in relation to such.
- Support cash operations, billing, legal professionals, or other company staff, responsible for resolving areas of noncompliance.
- Complete and thorough annual audit of all company Client Matter Trust Accounts.
- Responsible for auditing client remittance posting, and all other financial transactions
- Lead auditing financial transactions for deposit into the appropriate company operating account.
- Lead issue resolution, non-compliant client remittances, and all other payment transactions
- Reconciling, resolving, and close out of Client Matter Trust balances and Interest on Trust Accounts (IOTA) accounts
- Reconciling, and resolving, unidentified payment transactions
- Responsible for the Unclaimed Property tracking, documentation, and resolution process.
- Responsible for Inactive Partner open balance resolution, matter closure, and reporting.
- Provide answers and guidance, in relation to transaction posting compliance.
- Lead complex and detailed Billing & Collections (B&C) or Client Service-related finance projects, reconciliations, and other reporting packages.
- Assisting with Gone But Not Forgotten (GBNF) review and resolution.
- Assisting with Demand Notice drafts, tracking and reporting.
- Assist with vendor invoice review / approval process.
- Perform other relevant tasks as designated by Revenue Controller.
Requirements of the Legal Compliance Specialist position
- 4 years progressive finance and accounting work experience including 3 years Cash Operations or Accounts Receivable experience.
- Equivalent of an Associate’s degree from an accredited college with course work in accounting, business, project management, or related field.
- Experience in compliance, quality control, legal or audit-related function in financial services, regulatory, or legal/consulting, a combination thereof, or relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of accounting systems.
- Proficient ability in the use of current technology, including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) Adobe Acrobat, and other technology-based tools.
- Legal industry experience required
Updated resume is required for consideration. Only Local candidates will be considered - Position does not offer relocation or visa sponsorship.
Integr8staffWhy Work Here?
Our client is an exciting and aggressively growing professional services company offering a fruitful career with upward mobility.
Our client is an exciting and aggressively growing company offering a fruitful career with upward mobility.
1000 Los Angeles StreetLos Angeles, CA