Systems Administrator - Honolulu
- Posted: over a month ago
SAs (Systems Administrators) are our first-tier support desk techs. They handle most of the day-to-day user-facing and alert-generated issues. Our SA role is the ideal entry point into the IT world. SAs get deep exposure to a wide range of areas: networking, hardware, servers, workstations, wifi, internet/WAN, email/spam filtering, security, scripting, etc.
Why work at Intech?
With 30+ years under our belt, Intech has come up with a set of Core Values that guide our company.
- Honesty (we tell the truth, no matter how much it hurts)
- Integrity (strive to be good people)
- Accountability (we take ownership and responsibility for our work)
- Focus on People (people matter to us, both in our office and in our clients' offices)
- Growth (if we're not growing, we're falling behind)
- Humor (we're funny... or at least we think we are)
- Teamwork (no one can have a good day if anyone is having a bad day)
Some SAs enjoy the technical challenges and growth that Intech offers and choose to move up into our second or third tier technical positions. Other SAs discover a sense of leadership or love for working with clients and might choose to move into leadership or account management roles at Intech. And some SAs might realize they enjoy a specific aspect of IT more than any other and choose to move on from Intech into a field that specializes in that aspect.
Whether youre looking to move up or move on in your IT career, a few years at Intech as an SA can get you where you want to go.
What do I need to bring to the table?
First and foremost, be a good person.
In addition to exhibiting our Core Values, successful SAs at Intech tend to be excellent troubleshooters. They tend to be methodical, self-critical, thorough, and creative. Theyre hungry to learn new things and humble enough to ask for help.
Were also fanatical about keeping good ticket notes and documentation. If you get excited documenting annoying issues so the next tech doesnt have to re-live your pain, then welcome.
Certifications are also a plus, but if you dont have them, we can help you get there.
A valid drivers license and car are also required for the position for planned and unplanned onsite visits.
Technical Mumbo Jumbo
The ideal SA candidate will know about at least some of these things, but not necessarily all.
- Mainstream Microsoft apps and Windows 10
- Microsoft 365 (formerly Office 365)
- Standard networking stuff: DNS, DHCP, wireless
- Standard hardware stuff: Dell workstations, printers, UPSes
- Medical, drug, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Quarterly company outings (currently limited and/or virtual due to COVID)
- Twelve paid holidays per year
- Quarterly performance reviews
- Monthly cell phone allowance
- Paid parking downtown
- Training and certification incentives to help you grow and make more money
Intech takes the health and safety of our employees very seriously. As an Essential Services provider, Intech is exempted from Hawaiis stay-at-home directives. However, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, were taking the following measures.
- All Intech staff are working primarily or completely from home.
- Technicians are still doing onsite visits as needed and following required safety protocols when onsite.
- Our office is professionally deep cleaned once per month.
- Weve developed internal policies for safety protocols when in the office (masking, social distancing, etc.) as well as for anyone reporting potential COVID symptoms.
- Weve added physical barriers around the office to increase physical separation.
TechnologyView all jobs at Intech Hawaii