Claims Examiner - Technology
Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions Plymouth, MN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We currently have an opportunity for a Claims Examiner on our Technology claim team. This position is responsible for handling and resolving complex and/or specialized assigned claims in our Technology book of business through investigation, evaluation and disposition. Types of claims will include first and third-party cyber, life sciences primary and excess liability, E&O, and complex GL. Independently operates within broad company guidelines and authority, to make appropriate decisions regarding coverage and settlement of claims. Reviews and processes complex claims that often include litigation.
- Makes timely and appropriate contacts, determines and completes appropriate level of investigation to make determination of coverage, assess liability and determine damages for complex and specialized claims.
- Determines coverage, prepares coverage correspondence on appropriate claims, responds to coverage questions raised by insureds and others.
- Determines exposure, establishes adequate reserves and makes timely adjustments as required.
- Selects, assigns and directs activities of internal and external resources as required; including independent adjusters, appraisers and attorneys. Identifies questionable claims and consults with SIU for further direction as appropriate.
- Determines settlement value of the loss and negotiates proper settlement of claims within authority. Provides recommendations for settlement and disposition of claims exceeding authority level.
- Documents clearly and concisely all relevant activity on assigned files and makes recommendations for additional activity as appropriate.
- Anticipates and meets all customer needs (internal and external).
- Stays abreast of state license requirements and participates in continuing education as required.
- Maintains a strong professional knowledge of regulatory and legal environments and applies this information effectively.
- Must have superior analytical, negotiation, decision making, problem solving, organizational and presentation skills. Must be a proven self-starter with strong multi-tasking and relationship management skills.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively including expert oral, written and listening skills. Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team and have the ability to interact with diverse groups of individuals.
- Must maintain a high level of accuracy and provide follow-through on projects.
- Requires the ability to maintain confidential information. Must be able to work in a fast pace and rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Office suite and other Claims tracking tools.
- Must maintain strong professional knowledge of industry trends, legislative issues and the marketplace for associated line of business.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of handling complex claims.
- Experience handling first and/or third-party cyber claims is desirable.
Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions
Throughout the United States, Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions’ underwriting companies offer a broad range of specialty insurance products through independent agencies, regional and national brokers, wholesalers and managing general agencies. Each business is managed by an experienced team of specialty insurance professionals focused on a specific customer group or industry segment, and providing distinct products and tailored coverages and services. Targeted solutions include group accident and health; commercial and contract surety; entertainment; environmental; excess property; financial institutions; financial services; inland marine; management liability; ocean marine; public entities; technology; and tuition refund. For further information about U.S. products and services visit: intactspecialty.com
Finance and Insurance