- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are looking for an Actuary in Plymouth, Minnesota to support our Entertainment and Media business unit across their pricing, analytics, rate development and rate adequacy needs. Includes overall strategic direction for profitability, as well as maintaining and developing proprietary rating plans and monitoring metrics and benchmarks to keep the business running smoothly.
Some of the industries our Entertainment business supports include: coverage for producers of movies, TV series, commercials, documentaries and webisodes; coverage for rental houses, prop houses and special events; coverage for celebrities – actors, musicians, live performers, TV/radio personalities – or businesses that serve celebrity clients and Shell/Loan Corporations established to manage these expenses; and professional liability for media and music clients.
- Analyzes available data to determine relationships, trends, and issues. Provides consultation and clarification on actuarial models and risk issues.
- Participates in the development of business recommendations and analysis of strategies.
- Utilizes actuarial and financial software to develop new ways of looking at available data.
- Analyzes data for the development of rates, rating plans, pricing strategies, reserve programs, financial forecasts, and responses to insurance regulators.
- Coordinates, prepares and performs actuarial analyses to assist in the development of complex actuarial formulations leading to the recommendation of pricing strategies and loss reserving.
- Works with the department to prepare the actuarial response and communication for results of actuarial research to Business Unit product management areas.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including current Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, and other data entry and spreadsheet applications and programs.
- Must demonstrate a strong mathematical aptitude, and have a growing knowledge for the insurance field.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with emphasis in mathematics and statistics or similar background requiring modeling, programming, or quantitative analysis.
- 3-5 years of related casualty experience and successful completion of 4-6 actuarial exams.
Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions
At Intact Insurance Specialty Solutions we are experts at what we do. Our deep understanding of the specialty insurance market is the foundation for our customized solutions, backed by targeted risk control and claims services. Our employees are passionate about providing insurance coverage that’s aligned to our targeted customer groups. Today, we help protect over a dozen industries with tailored coverages and services.
Finance and Insurance