Confie formed in 2008 and now has in excess of 4000 employees in 20 plus states. Our growth has been powered by our dedicated employees and 130 plus acquisitions. In addition to our retail footprint of over 750 retail locations, Confie has three major claims hubs located in Dallas, TX, Anaheim, CA and Baton Rouge, LA. These hubs service claims for both internal and external customers.
Join a growing and winning team that excels at providing an environment where you can be yourself. Enjoy numerous perks such:
- Paid vacation, sick and 7.5 paid holidays
- Full medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Flexible work schedule
- Relaxed work environment with a casual dress code
- Free on site gym
- Company events
This position is responsible for the accurate and timely investigation, evaluation and negotiation of first and third party private passenger automobile liability claims, including physical damage and bodily injury claims including litigation.
- Handles claims which may have multiple features identified upon report or likely to arise during the investigation of the claim including attorney represented injury claims and claims involving litigation.
- Reviews all claims assignments to ensure accuracy of prior claim handling in development of ongoing claims strategies
- Proactively investigates and resolves coverage, liability and damages.
- Ensures proper diary management on all claims
- Accurately evaluates special and general damages
- Escalates all potential large loss and extra contractual exposures through management chain.
- Negotiates settlement of claims directly with the injured party, legal guardian or attorney
- Creates and executes timely defense strategies to accurately and efficiently resolve all claim exposures.
- Delivers Customer Service according to company expectations.
- Develops and manages effective cost defense strategy.
- Works with direct outside counsel.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 5 to 7 years of casualty experience
- Ability to secure and maintain adjuster’s license
- Knowledge of State specific insurance laws and regulations
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy
- Knowledge of civil procedures.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, employees, clients and customers
- Strong analytical and negotiation abilities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge & skill in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and exercise strong, sound judgment
- Ability to prioritize activities and projects while staying organized.
- Ability to process high volumes of work while meeting deadlines.