- 7 plus years of PostgreSQL DBA experience
- Strong Experience with PostgreSQL replication
- Experience with SQL coding and tuning
- Experience with shell scripting and automation
- Experience with PostgreSQL Monitoring tools
- Experience with AWS/Cloud Services
- Must be hands-on, technically adept DBA, capable of performing required DB tasks.
- Deep knowledge with PostgreSQL
- Strong troubleshooting/performance tuning skills required. Must be able improve SQL performance.
- Ability to diagnose problems and triage/resolve issues across various tiers (application, network, database, server, or storage tiers).
- Ability to implement automation to reduce manual administrative tasks through use of jobs, scripts, cron, or other techniques.
- Expert level of PostgreSQL RDBMS installation/configuration, patching, troubleshooting, performance tracking/tuning, back-up/recovery, remote monitoring skills with hands-on experience in -large and very dynamic environments.
- Experience with very complex database environments.
- Experience in SQL Scripting
- Experience in working controlled environment, change control, and validated systems.
- Experience on any of the Oracle, SQL Server or MongoDB is plus
- Strong commitment to following SDLC/Change-Management principles
- Self starter and be able to perform work with minimal supervisory direction
- Knowledge of data quality, data management and data testing strategies and practices
- Strong Oral and written skills.
- Able to communicate efficiently and effectively to technical and non technical audiences.
- Anticipate and handle critical situations.
- Ability to thrive in change. Fast, flexible, cooperative work style.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
Job Description: This individual will provide engineering support as well as operational support of the THE COMPANY’s Production, UAT, and Test environments. The qualified candidate will assert him/herself into complex project assignments where he/she will represent the Database team in all dialogue and decisions around the architecture, deployment, and/or management of database environments. The individual will also take a role in the definition of operational best practices and automation of operational tasks. To succeed at this function requires the individual to present subject-matter expertise on the PostgreSQL platform with real world experience performing field operations support.