Senior Account Associate- Select Business- Southeast Region- Remote and Hybrid Option
***This is a fully remote or hybrid opportunity for those fully licensed (P&C) in their state of residency. This position will support or Southeastern Teams within the Select Business Unit.***
Working under the general direction of an AM or AE and following established industry and company guidelines, provides administrative and customer service support to account team. Meets all performance requirements regarding production and quality, ensuring that no errors and omissions occur. Capable of resolving moderately complex customer service problems, showing the ability for critical thinking in taking the next step in the best interest of the client, carrier partner, and IOA. Typically assigned to small-sized accounts and / or to those accounts having the least complex needs.
- Assists in directing day-to-day activities and workflow assigned to team support/receptionist, account assistant and/or account associate
- Assists in ensuring all new and renewal insurance policies are processed accurately and on time. Keep track of policy expirations for existing clients and works proactively to ensure appropriate actions are taken to facilitate renewals
- Provides support to AM or AE in the new business and renewal business workflows, including but not limited to:
- Client research and gathering complete underwriting information
- Conducting a loss run analysis
- Performing any necessary or requested online rating and send it to Rating
- Preparing complete and accurate submissions including Accords and/or supplemental form; send out to the market and/or perform online rating as required
- Evaluating and negotiating coverages and pricing
- Preparing and presenting proposals as directed by AM or AE
- Binding coverage and complying with any subjectivity as required by the carrier, Surplus Lines Association and/or IOA
- Invoicing and executing premium finance agreement when applicable
- Generating proofs of insurance (Certificates, Evidences, and Binders)
- Diligently follow up for Policy Issuance
- Review all policies, identifying and notifying AM/AE of any discrepancies and ensuring that all necessary changes are submitted to and issued by the carrier
- Maintaining accurate schedules and / or summaries of insurance
- Develops and maintains positive carrier relationships
- Review policies / endorsements / audits, identify errors and facilitate corrective actions
- Assists in the review of contracts to ensure proper coverages are included
- Assists in management and execution of a variety of administrative and customer service tasks including, but not limited to, account activity, policy administration, claims reporting, certificates of insurance/evidence of property, billing activity and cancellation/reinstatements
- Participates in a variety of administrative tasks, including the timely and accurate process of endorsements, cancellations, reinstatements, and other related items. Direct Account Associate in these tasks.
- Assists with facilitation of client claim process as needed
- Acts as back-up for teammates as required, covering for others in their absence and ensuring overall team service excellence
- Monitors Accounts Receivables report and takes action on any delinquent accounts along with collecting outstanding balances due
- Monitors and maintains activity/suspense, taking necessary action to ensure completion within the required time frame
- Quickly and responsibly alerts Operations Management to any individual or team performance/professionalism concerns. Collaborates regarding any corrective actions to be taken and supports and participates in implementation when requested.
- Assists with ongoing training support within the team
- Participates in continuous growth and professional development of all operations personnel within the team.
- Monitors individual performance to ensure productivity, efficiency, quality and service standards are met, taking corrective actions when required
- Maintains a high degree of technical competence and industry/market expertise
- Enters data and maintains agency management system, other agency supported systems and carrier/vendor online platforms. Ensures all data entered is complete, clearly presented and well documented, accurate, and up-to-date
- Maintains frequent, transparent communication with account team regarding individual and team client service and policy administration activities. Ensures that the account team is fully informed of workload status, questions and/or any errors, discrepancies or changes related to assigned duties and tasks
- Delivers excellent service at all times, including proactively anticipating needs, maintaining frequent and professional communication, and responding quickly to service requests
- Continually stays abreast of all company policies and procedures to ensure proper knowledge, execution, and compliance of standard operating procedures
- Continually seeks to improve individual and team performance, including identifying, communicating and adopting best practices
- At all times, complies with all company work rules, standards, and policies, processes, and procedures
- Lives and champions IOA core values at all times, demonstrating the highest level of personal character, integrity, and servant leadership
- Actively promotes IOA culture and a positive work environment at all times
- Regular and consistent attendance is expected and a necessary component to the job
- Will be required to maintain Continuing Education credits to maintain an active status level of insurance licensure.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to assist others at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Manages incoming mail, faxes, and other correspondence
- Back-up for teammates as needed, covering for others in their absence and ensuring overall team service excellence
- Participates in training, mentoring, and ongoing professional development of administrative and customer service teams and/or new hire
- Lifting and carrying large equipment/boxes over 5 lbs.
- Bending and stooping to utilize necessary office equipment
- Participation in team building and other activities
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of customer service experience in the insurance industry
- Has an excellent understanding of what an insurance brokerage is
- All required active licensing
- Critical thinking and decision making skills
- Customer service skills
- Excellent administrative, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Outstanding verbal / written communication skills
- PC proficiency, including basic knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Exceptional personal character
- High School Diploma (or equivalent)
Insurance Office of AmericaGainesville, GA
BusinessView All Insurance Office of America Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.