Account Manager Associate- Commercial Lines- REMOTE (FL, AL, GA, SC, NC)
- Expired: February 10, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
***This is a REMOTE or HYBRID opportunity for those residing in the state of FLORIDA with an active 2-20 P&C Insurance License OR those in the Southeast United States (FL, AL, GA, SC, NC).***
We’re Insurance Office of America, one of the nation’s largest privately held agencies. IOA was founded in 1988 with the idea that professional client service provided by knowledgeable, caring, and passionate people makes for a winning combination. Whether working at our home office in suburban Orlando, Florida, one of our branch offices across the US and London, or with one of our subsidiary companies, the continued growth of our nearly 1,000 employees is a testament to our belief that great things start with great people!
At IOA, we’re driven by our mission and core values. We work hard, but we have fun too. Workplace ideals like leading by serving, work/family life balance, and giving back to our community aren’t just clichés here – they’re a part of who we are. We believe in helping people grow, develop and achieve their professional goals, so when you join the IOA team you truly become a partner in our shared success.
The Account Manager Associate works minimal direction from an Account Manager (AM), Account Executive (AE) or Producer and following established industry and company guidelines; provides administrative and customer service support to account team, Producer and/or assigned group of accounts; and meeting all performance requirements regarding production, quality and ensuring that no liability associated with errors and omissions occur. Capable of independently resolving moderately complex customer service problems; showing the ability for critical thinking and thought process in taking the next step in the best interest of the client, carrier partner and IOA. Typically assigned to smaller-sized accounts and/or to those accounts having less complexity with respect to lines of coverage.
Account Manager Associate – Commercial Lines essential functions include:
- Maintains intermediate understanding of technical competence and industry/market expertise
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment with respect to account management with the goal of ensuring beneficial outcomes for clients and IOA
- Management and execution of a variety of customer service and value-added service requests/inquiries including but not limited to: account activity; policy administration and insurance placement; billing activity; claims administration; contract review for insurability; review policy forms and endorsements; review audits; identify errors and facilitate corrective actions; Certificates of Insurance; Evidences of Property; and Cancellation/Reinstatements
- Manages policy expirations in conjunction with AM, AE and/or Producer for existing clients and works proactively to ensure appropriate actions are taken to facilitate renewals and ensures all new and renewal insurance policies are bound, billed and issued accurately and delivered to the Client/Insured within required timeframe
- Manages policy renewal process in conjunction with AM, AE and/or Producer, including but not limited to:
- Conducting client research and gathering complete underwriting information
- Conducting Loss Run Analysis
- Preparing complete and accurate submissions including Acord applications and/or supplemental forms; sending out to market and/or performing Online Rating as required
- Evaluating and negotiating coverages and pricing
- Preparing and presenting Proposals
- Binding coverage and complying with any subjectivity(ies) as required by carrier, Surplus Lines Association and/or IOA
- Preparing and executing Premium Finance Agreements, when applicable
- Diligent follow up for Policy Issuance
- Review all policies, identifying and notifying AE or Producer of any discrepancies and ensuring that all necessary changes are submitted to and issued by the carrier
- Maintaining accurate and complete policy transaction detail, schedules and Summaries of Insurance
- Assists to ensure all new and renewal insurance policies are processed accurately and within required timeframes by tracking policy expirations for existing clients and works proactively to ensure appropriate actions are taken to facilitate renewals
- Assists in review of contracts to ensure proper coverages are included
- Monitors Accounts Receivables report and takes action on any delinquent accounts along with collecting outstanding balances due
- Data entry and maintains agency management system, other agency supported systems and carrier/vendor online platforms, ensuring all data entered is complete, clearly presented and well-documented, accurate, and up-to-date
- Monitors and maintains activity/suspense, taking necessary action to ensure completion within required time
- Delivers excellent service at all times, including proactively anticipating needs, maintaining frequent and professional communication, and responding quickly to service requests
- Continually seeks to improve individual and team performance, including identifying, communicating and adopting best practices
- Lives and champions IOA core values at all times, demonstrating the highest level of personal character, integrity, and servant leadership
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates will have:
- 2+ years of customer service experience in the insurance industry
- Good working knowledge of insurance brokerage business and the assigned clients’ needs
- All required active licensing
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational, delegation and decision-making skills
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to perform large work volumes with high degrees of accuracy
- PC proficiency, including MS Office
- Exceptional personal character, including a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to assist others at all times
Great Reasons to Work at IOA include:
- Competitive salaries and bonus earning potential
- Great benefits, including company paid health insurance
- Paid time off for holidays, vacations, and sick time
- 401K with an employer match
- Participation in our employee stock plan
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual
- Company commitment to work/family life balance and community service
- Teammates who share your drive for excellence
- Knowing every day you are helping our clients protect their families and businesses
If you're ready to take a leap forward in your career, please click below to apply. Any candidates meeting the qualification requirements for the Account Manager Associate – Commercial Lines role will be contacted. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and has been recognized as a great place to work by Business Insurance magazine, Florida Trend, and the Orlando Sentinel.Employment Type: Full-Time
Insurance Office of America
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Insurance Office of America
Get fresh Remote Account jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.