The Clinical Services Specialist will work in conjunction with the Clinical Service Manager, Territory Manager, Customer Care, Managed Care team and Insulet’s Customer base as appropriate in order to meet the commercial and clinical needs in their territory for the purpose of increasing referrals and sustaining patients on product. This CSS position will report directly to the Clinical Business Director with a dotted line to the assigned territory District Sales Manager
The Clinical Services Specialist (CSS) is primarily responsible for meeting required sales quota and all clinical initiative expectations. This responsibility will require extensive travel and extended stays in a field based territory to support open territory needs. The CSS will provide product sales, training, downloading and technical support in accordance with company policy. They will also in-service physicians, mid-level staff, CDE’s, and ancillary staff on the OmniPod Insulin Management System, build relationships with our customers, and bec skilled at selling and using the OmniPod Insulin Management System.
Target customers will include physicians, mid-level staff (NP’s and PA’s), dietitians, nurses, technicians, administrators, office staff, sales personnel and others whose responsibilities may require the need for knowledgeable support of the OmniPod Insulin Management System.
- Promotes the benefits of insulin pump therapy and sells OmniPod Insulin Management System to providers and patients in group and/or individual sessions or as a continuing education offering.
- Works in conjunction with Sales, Customer Care and Managed Care to achieve sales goals.
- Works to achieve a minimum of 3 Clinic Days with a high level of success within the targeted physicians/accounts to drive new MDI patients to pump therapy for education and superior clinical outcomes.
- Conducts 2-3 lunch and learn with physician present or physician based face time appointments per week in Top 30 Targets or Accounts as appropriate. (Could include food for a lunch and learn as an example, but is not required.)
- Displays good written and verbal communication with Clinical Business Director and District Sales Manager for updates in the territory and progress on Top 30 Physicians/Accounts.
- Communicates frequently with Territory Manager on territory needs and updates on progress.
- Assist with sales events such as pump clinics, pump support groups, info sessions, in-the-office educational events, patient info nights, JDRF walks, vendor days, etc.
- Support Targeted Top 30 Physicians, Mid- Level Providers, Healthcare Providers and existing accounts and record calls in Salesforce.
- Evaluates and recommends Certified Pod Trainers (CPTs) and Super CPTs who wish to become consultant CPTs for Insulet Corporation.
- Conducts Insulet Trainings of 75% or greater to total number of shipments per quarter.
- Initiates and completes PAF’s within 90 days of initiation at greater than 80%.
- Assigns patient trainings to CPTs or conducts patient training based on business needs of territory, overall costs of training and timeliness of training.
- Assist with providing regular product demos to patients and HCPs.
- Oversee CPTs by seeing them face-to-face and by providing timely product updates and by being a clinical resource.
- Displays comfort in open dialog with Physicians and understands the importance of engagement and closing for action.
- Ability to understand and explain pump downloads to work in conjunction with the HCPs for superior patient outcomes.
- Assist with product training for Sales and Clinical hires as appropriate.
- Provide Field Feedback to Clinical Business Director on field based training of customers and HCPs.
- Provide Field Feedback to District Sales Managers on field based trainings of customers and HCP’s as needed.
- Ability to perform administrative duties and turn in on a timely basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 0 - 2 years’ experience in a clinical setting and/or managing diabetes and pump patients.
- Professional up to date credentials and/or certifications are mandatory: i.e. Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Nurse (RN)
- State licensure is mandatory as required.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) is strongly preferred.
- Prior industry/commercial experience is not requirement but is a plus.
- Professional and polished presentation skills; strong interpersonal communications both oral and written; self-starter who needs minimal direction; extremely flexible, with good business acumen; strong contributing member of the commercial team; credibility and contacts within the diabetes community; proficiency with computers.
- Valid driver’s license required. Must reside within the geographic area of the assigned area. This position requires regular business travel often by flight/car within a set geographic region. Overnights and amount of air travel varies by territory, typically 16-20 overnights a month. 100% travel required to cover vacant territories.
- The work environment will be the HCPs offices, hospitals, clinics, home office and car. Some lifting (up to 30 pounds) may be required when sending or receiving shipments, in handling samples, supplies or literature, and transport of laptop computer and iPad device.