Our company is an independent, family owned and operated, fabricator and distributor of industrial and commercial insulation products. We are a growth-oriented, customer-focused company which carries a broad product line, provides best-in-class service, and enjoys an excellent reputation in the industry.
We are currently looking for an experienced outside sales person to handle the Richmond Virginia market. While well-established in this market, we are looking to grow our business while maintaining our current customer base. The opportunity for advancement is very strong from this position.
Any individual considered for this position must be an energetic, self-motivated sales professional who has experience with business-to-business “solution sales”. Experience calling on industrial contractors and facilities and/or experience with insulation products would be a plus, but is not required. A strong candidate for the job must have the ability to demonstrate successful “solution-sales” experience, and a willingness to learn and grow professionally.
JOB SUMMARY - OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE
The Outside Sales Representative position is an integral part of a well-established dynamic sales team. The Sales Rep would manage industrial product groups, such as refractory insulation products, cryogenic insulation products and related accessories. He/she will execute sales plans to exceed both business targets and customer expectations. Individual acts as a strong interface between the customer and the business.
· Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory/market segment.
· Research sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential.
· Identify and qualify new growth opportunities within region, including opportunities in: new products, new accounts, increased market share, new segments, channels, and geography.
· Execute detailed sales plans and strategies which meet or exceed Company goals for volume, margin, and market share. Doing so will include, but is not limited to, the following:
o Make telephone calls, in-person visits and presentations to existing and prospective customers to build a pipeline of opportunities to deliver profitability and revenue targets.
o Establish strategies for improving dormant or declining accounts
o Manage assigned customer’s product pricing
o Demonstrates accountability for time management and individual sales plan and results
o Resolve customer complaints, as required.
o Keeps current on product knowledge, technical services, market conditions, and competitive activities
The above list of job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the employee will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of an Outside Sales Representative.
· Minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar role. Experience in industrial insulation sales, a plus.
· Proven sales & customer service record.
· Experience setting up and managing local and regional accounts.
· Hands-on individual with strong skills in problem-solving.
· Ability to build strong, high level customer relationships.
· Team-oriented pace setter and motivated self-starter.
· Exceptional communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
· Strong negotiation, customer service, and sales prospecting skills
· Must be exceptionally strong with MS Office.
· Must have a clean driving record.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.