Service Sales Specialist
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services mechanical testing systems.
Have you ever wondered how a potato chip always has the right crispiness level? Or, how your game controller can survive several drops whether you are excited for your win or upset by a loss? How about eyewear being able to withstand impact forces? Visit Instron’s YouTube Channel to see our customer’s applications. And, check out Facebook Watch at https://fb.watch/a8ILPde4GP/ for additional video.
Our systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of components and materials. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.
The Service Sales Specialist (SSS) is a vital member of the Inside Service Group. The position is responsible for the sales and renewal of Service Contracts and Technical Support Agreements. This role requires the individual to be a highly proactive “can-do” single point of contact for customers and to manage the long-term relationship, in coordination with other regional team members. In this role you will receive training, support and guidance from management, senior colleagues, and other internal departments.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implement territory sales strategy, in coordination with other members of the regional Management Teams, to maintain and build relationships with existing customers and to identify and qualify prospects.
- Coordinates with the product line Service Engineers and Service Managers for backup and specialty technical support including applications requirements, competitive selling, systems configurations, and custom quotations.
- Prepare quotations and pro-actively contact existing and potential customers to sell/extend their service and/or technical support agreement.
- Maintain a positive attitude towards customer relationships with emphasis on responsiveness and ownership of the customers’ situations.
- Provides customer support through diligent follow-up to maximize customer satisfaction and the customer’s lifetime commitment to our products.
- Demonstrate technical competence in service products and applications, ensuring proper sales application to meet customer needs for after-market products and to properly qualify leads for machines.
- Populate and maintain information in our systems within the highest standards of data integrity.
- Engages in department-wide projects including improvements to efficiency and development of service sales strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- 2- 4 years’ experience in an inside sales position within a service or technical support in or manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer skills and full command of all MS Office products.
- Ability to understand technical information.
- Associates degree in a business-related discipline desired.
- Ability to work flexible hours as necessary to attend regional needs.
- Must present a professional and energetic presence coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Customer Service oriented, responsive person with a positive, “can-do” attitude.
- Team player - Must be comfortable working as part of a team while achieving individual objectives.
This position offers a competitive salary, hybrid work arrangements, plus the opportunity to take advantage of many trainings and certifications offered by the Company. Enjoy a friendly, modern, fast paced working environment with a goal of individual and team growth.
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact. Enjoy a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401k (with match), and a 100% tuition reimbursement program.
Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.