Account Representative (Technical Inside Sales)
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Life Insurance , Retirement
Instron is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services mechanical testing systems.
Have you ever wondered about the cushioning provided by your athletic shoe wear and how it provides the right amount of comfort for the activity you are doing? Or, how your game controller can survive several drops whether you are excited for your win or upset by a loss? How about eyewear (eyeglasses, sunglasses) being able to withstand impact forces? Visit Instron’s YouTube Channel to see our customer’s applications. And, check out Facebook Watch at https://fb.watch/a8ILPde4GP/ for additional video.
Our systems are trusted by 95% of the world’s largest manufacturing companies to gather critical data, informing the design of components and materials. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.Job Description
What You'll Do:
The Account Rep (A/R) is a vital member of the Inside Sales Group which is part of the Americas Sales Organization. The position shares accountability for machine and OTC bookings with the Field Sales Engineer in their assigned geographic territory. The role of the position is to be a highly responsive, “can-do” single point of contact for customers and to manage the long-term customer relationship, in coordination with other regional team members.
- Directly sells after-market products and services, including a wide range of accessories, software, software services, retrofits, calibration, maintenance and service contracts through extensive proactive telephone calling and the use of “by-the-way” statements on ALL incoming calls.
- Implements territory sales strategy with other members of the Account Management Team to maintain and build relationships with existing customers by identifying and qualifying prospects in selling Over-the-Counter technical products to reach the goals and quotas with a special emphasis on OTC sales, inclusive of scheduling customer sales demonstrations for their respective Sales Engineers.
- Demonstrates technical competence in products and applications, ensuring proper assimilation of customer information to provide testing solutions to meet customer needs for after-market products.
- Pro-actively qualifies technical leads for after-market accessories and system opportunities generated through our website, tradeshows, and other Marketing generated-means through diligent phone calling and emailing.
- Maintains a positive attitude towards internal and external customer relationships with an emphasis on responsiveness and embraces a team environment that fosters total customer satisfaction.
- Provides customer support through diligent telephone follow-up to maximize customer satisfaction and close potential business.
- Maintains and develops their territory’s customer database (CRM) through input of information related to systems and OTC qualification.
- Provides a lead role in the expansion selling of new products including, but not limited to, calibration and service products.
What We're Looking For:
- Technical skills acquired through 7 years or equivalent in an inside sales position within a technical environment.
- Extensive telephone selling experience in a technical field. Must present a professional and energetic phone presence coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be an extremely responsive person with a positive, “can-do” attitude, either offering alternatives for achieving objectives or enthusiastically embracing the ideas of others.
- Solid computer skills and full command of all MS Office products.
- Proven ability to meet sales objectives.
- Ability to thrive in a team goal environment.
- Ability to assimilate technical information.
- Ability to relate to, understand and develop knowledge of customer testing applications.
- Associates degree in a business discipline required, bachelors degree preferred.
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary and travel occasionally into the assigned territroy.
Normal office environment with heavy telephone usage in a high energy environment.
Reports directly to Inside Sales Manager
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make an immediate impact. We offer:
- Competitive pay
- Medical (multiple options), vision and dental insurance
- Company provided life insurance and both short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) retirement savings with a company match
- 100% Tuition reimbursement
- Parental leave and adoption assistance
Instron is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
825 University AvenueNorwood, MA
How can the hiring manager reach you?
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.