Fall 2022 Internship Scholarship
- Posted: over a month ago
In the fall of 2022, the Institute for the Study of War will offer intern candidates up to a $1,000 monthly living stipend as part of a scholarship program.*
Candidates will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Ability to contribute as a member of one of ISW’s research, operations, business development, or external relations teams; and
- Financial need, such that an unpaid internship would not be possible without assistance.
To be considered for the scholarship, candidates must apply for at least one ISW internship position and the scholarship itself. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until August 19, 2022.
The resume submitted to the scholarship application should be the same as the one submitted to the internship application.
Within the scholarship application, candidates should upload a 2- to 3-page cover letter which answers each of the following questions. (This should be a different cover letter than the one used for the separate internship application itself.)
- Which ISW internship is your top choice? Why do you believe you are qualified?
- What do you believe to be the most pressing national security problem the US faces today? What solution(s) would you propose?
- Where do you see yourself in your future career? How will an ISW internship help you get there?
- Why have you chosen to apply for this supplemental scholarship?
- Are you currently receiving federal financial aid and/or need-based aid from your university? Feel free to describe using as much detail as you are comfortable.
*Please note that the up to $1,000 monthly scholarship is classified as taxable income.
Institute for the Study of War
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Institute for the Study of War