Institute for Justice Arlington, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
The Institute for Justice, the national law firm for liberty, is seeking an entry-level Research Assistant at its headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, to support its Strategic Research team.
The Research Assistant plays a vital role in helping our team create cutting-edge social science and policy work that complements IJ’s litigation and advocacy. The Research Assistant identifies, gathers and organizes data; manages public record requests; conducts literature reviews; and reviews data for accuracy and integrity. The Assistant also coordinates report distribution, ensuring our reports get in the hands of key policymakers and scholars, and tracks team measurables.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the social sciences
- Experience collecting original data
- Superior attention to detail and dedication to accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficiency with Excel
- Persistence and good judgment in soliciting information and data from state and nonprofit agencies through phone calls, emails and formal requests
- Ability to follow instructions and ask for clarification where needed
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently on detailed research tasks for long stretches of time while meeting deadlines, as well as ability to work collaboratively on a team
- Passion for IJ’s mission
About our team: IJ’s Strategic Research team creates social science and policy research, but our studies don’t just sit on a library shelf collecting dust. We put our research to work by combining it with litigation, communications, activism and legislative outreach. Our studies have been cited by the White House and the U.S. Supreme Court, as well as leading news outlets nationwide. Our work has helped certify a victorious class action lawsuit against Philadelphia’s civil forfeiture machine, ensure the return of cash wrongfully seized by the IRS, roll back needless occupational licensing, dismantle speech-squelching campaign finance laws, and protect programs that empower parents to choose the best schools for their children.
IJ offers superior benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, retirement benefits, and generous paid leave.
To be considered, please submit a resume, cover letter and a writing sample.
IJ is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR