- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) is an independent not-for-profit organization based in Boston, Massachusetts, USA. For 30 years, IHI has used improvement science to advance and sustain better outcomes in health and health systems across the world. IHI brings awareness of safety and quality to millions, catalyzes learning and the systematic improvement of care, develops solutions to previously intractable challenges, and mobilizes health systems, communities, regions, and nations to reduce harm and deaths. IHI collaborates with a growing community to spark bold, inventive ways to improve the health of individuals and populations. IHI generates optimism, harvests fresh ideas, and supports anyone, anywhere who wants to profoundly change health and health care for the better. Learn more at www.ihi.org.
IHI's organization strategy has been recently refreshed to respond to trends, challenges, and opportunities that deeply affect health care and the health of populations. In support of our strategy, management and our Board have made significant investments in certain initiatives critical to achieving our mission. The Strategy Analyst role is essential to ensuring IHI achieves related results by monitoring and measuring the implementation and management of these key initiatives.
Reporting to the Chief Financial and Administration Officer, the Strategy Analyst partners with key stakeholders and business units (e.g., IT, Finance, Business Development) to develop and refine business models. The Strategy Analyst uses qualitative and quantitative data and dashboards to drive and report out on various projects and activities associated with strategic initiatives, provide relevant insights to help teams make informed decisions, address key challenges, and identify ways to achieve business outcomes. The Strategy Analyst coordinates cross-functional meetings and documents, shares learnings, and manages mitigation plans for the success of the initiatives. The Strategy Analyst also supports quarterly and annual strategic planning and forecasting processes.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Strategic Planning Guidance
- Advise on IHI's strategic direction through data, research and insights
- Collaborate with business owners and teams, and support refining strategies and business models in the short term with a long-term perspective
- Develop financial forecasts and business models to assist with business planning to improve business outcomes
- Support quarterly and annual strategic review, planning, and forecasting processes
Relationship Management and Communication
- Build strong relationships across the organization at various levels
- Develop and deliver presentations to senior management regarding data results, findings, and recommendations
- Foster an environment in which continuous improvement methodologies are applied to deliver value to customers
High-Level Project Management
- Support the development of roadmaps and execute project plans for strategic initiatives
- Proactively identify key challenges and opportunities that may impact success and provide recommendations on how to address them
- Coordinate and manage special projects and presentations on a regular basis and serve as a focal point for this work
- Identify, escalate, and resolve roadblocks to achieving desired outcomes
Business Insights, Data, and Reporting
- Identify and utilize data sets to identify trends, gaps, and opportunities to grow the business, partnering with Information Technology
- Develop data inquiries, and conduct data exploration and data mining to determine program effectiveness and predict future performance
- Use data visualization tools to make results transparent and actionable, and to further business insights
- Operationalize metrics and dashboards that enable IHI to reliably measure Key Performance Indicators for all strategic priorities
- Partner closely with investment stakeholders to ensure insights are leading to action and business impact is measured
- Work collaboratively across functions and business units to lead data collection, extract insights, support specific outcomes
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Communication and relationship management skills
- Ability to manage up, down, and across the organization
- Critical thinking abilities to draw sound conclusions from information and various data sources
- Ability to develop pro-forma P&Ls and financial models with limited guidance
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities
- Strong organizational and project management skills, including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex information clearly and accurately to a variety of audiences both orally and through written material
- Results-oriented, and driven by collaborative outcomes
- Create a compelling vision and build motivation with internal and external teams
- Drive to effectively develop self and others
- Ability to navigate difficult situations, including seeking input, escalation, and problem solving
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Ability to balance multiple projects and teams and prioritize effectively
- Ability to work in a fast paced, sometimes ambiguous, environment
- Ability to learn and use new systems and technology
- Commitment to IHI Values
- Commitment to equity, anti-racism, and the improvement of societal systems
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Five years of previous work experience in a professional environment
- Three years of experience managing large projects with financial implications
- Proven history of implementing and executing business ideas, as well as programming experience/utilization of data visualization tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and PowerBi
- Masters in Business Administration or equivalent experience
- Experience working with analytics and management consulting/professional service and or healthcare organizations
- Finance experience including creating business models, creating budgets, scenario planning, etc.
- Experience working in a global, matrixed environment
At IHI, we are inspired to do our best work and be our best selves by leaning into our values and uniting in our vision to create a future in which everyone has the best care and health possible. We ensure that people feel valued and supported in meaningful ways, as demonstrated in our total rewards package that features competitive compensation, medical, dental and vision coverage, life and disability plans, FSA plans, matching 401k contributions, discounted MBTA passes, tuition reimbursement, a personal development allowance to support what matters to you, a professional development allowance to support continued learning, respect for personal commitments and flexibility to manage them, generous time off including vacation time, a paid week off between Christmas and New Year's Day, wellness and wellbeing time, and other special programs to support employee wellbeing.
IHI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex or gender, marital status, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, military service, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, crime victim status, political belief, and any other protected class under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to complete our application, please let us know.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Institute for Healthcare Improvement
BusinessView all jobs at Institute for Healthcare Improvement