Installed Building Products Portland, ME
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Begin your new and exciting career with Builders Installed Products, part of the Installed Building Products (IBP) family of companies.
This position entails stapling fiberglass or rock wool batts to exterior walls and ceilings before drywall, paneling, or plaster walls are put in place.
- Loads and logs materials onto a truck and make a notation of returned materials
- Erects scaffolding or ladders
- Cuts the insulation materials to the size required
- Attaches insulation materials by stapling, gluing, wiring or nailing
- Repairs and maintains existing insulation
- Observe job site safety rules and know the location of the MSDS packets in your vehicle
- Maintain proper care of any tool or machine you use during the course of your employment
- Maintain housekeeping of your truck
- Follow all driving safety rules at all times
- Other duties as required based on company and customer needs
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Maintain a valid driver’s license
- Experience in the construction industry helpful
- Able to perform basic math skills
- Insulation workers must be able to use common hand tools—trowels, brushes, knives, scissors, saws, pliers, and stapling hammer.
- Insulation workers must be able to read job instructions and record materials to work order
Position requires a Drug Test and Motor Vehicle Report to be completed, contingent upon employment
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short /Long term disability
- Medical Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match
- On the job training
- Paid Certification (if Applicable)
- Bonuses (if Applicable)
- Opportunity for Growth and Advancement
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS (COMPANY PROVIDED)
- Insulation workers must be able to work in tight places or in high places from ladders or scaffolding. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must be able to bend, twist and turn body at shoulders, waist, and knees to handle and install insulation.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Works in a construction environment; the ability to adapt to extreme temperature ranges is preferred.
Who is IBP?
Installed Building Products is an installation contractor with over 7,000 employees. Located in over 175 locations across the continental U.S., our values have remained the same -- providing the exceptional service and attention of a small business, while integrating the skills and experience that only a national organization can offer. Although installing insulation is our niche, IBP is also a leader in installing garage doors, rain gutters, closet shelving, shower doors, mirrors, fireplaces, and bath and door hardware.
Become a part of a growing company with opportunities to develop new skills and build a career!
IBP is an equal opportunity employer
Powered by JazzHR