Auto Glass Technician
InstaShield Atlanta, GA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Replaces or repairs broken windshields and window glass in motor vehicles.
- This job will be primarily mobile.
- Removes all dirt, foreign matter, and loose glass from damaged areas, applies primer along windshield or window edges, and allows primer to dry.
- Installs replacement glass in vehicles after old glass has been removed and all necessary preparations have been made.
- Allows all glass parts installed with urethane ample time to cure, taking temperature and humidity into account.
- Primes all scratches on pinch welds with primer and allows primed scratches to dry.
- Checks for and removes moisture or contamination in damaged areas and keeps areas dry until repairs are complete.
- Obtains windshields or windows for specific automobile makes and models from stock and examine them for defects prior to installation.
- Selects appropriate tools, safety equipment, and parts, according to job requirements.
- Removes broken or damaged glass windshields or window glass from motor vehicles.
- Removes moldings, clips, windshield wipers, screws, bolts, and inside A-pillar moldings and lower headliners in preparation for installation or repair work.
- Replaces all moldings, clips, windshield wipers, or other parts that were removed prior to glass replacement or repair.
- Installs, repairs, or replaces safety glass and related materials, such as back glass heating elements, on vehicles or equipment.
- Installs rubber channeling strips around edges of glass or frames to weatherproof windows or to prevent rattling.
- Holds cut or uneven edges of glass against automated abrasive belts to shape or smooth edges.
- Cuts flat safety glass according to specified patterns or performs precision pattern making and glass cutting to custom fit replacement windows.
- Replaces or adjusts motorized or manual window-raising mechanisms.
- Installs new foam dams on pinch welds, if required.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: At least 2 years of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Service orientation
- Judgment and decision making
- Time management
- Complex problem solving
- Quality control analysis
AutomotiveView all jobs at InstaShield