Inspire Rehabilitation and Health Care, a 5-star rated facility, offers the very best in post - acute rehabilitation services ! Inspire has earned a reputation for providing excellent and compassionate nursing care.
Our180 - bed facility, located in the District of Columbia is seeking a motivated and compassionate RN to join our evening and weekend staff.
The RN Unit Manager assists the Director of Nursing in planning, organizing, developing, and directing the day-to-day functions of the Nursing Service Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, the Medical Director, and/or the Director of Nursing, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
As an RN Unit Manager you will perform the following duties:
- Provide the Director with information relative to the nursing needs of the patient and the nursing service department's ability to meet those needs.
- Inform nursing service personnel of new admissions, their expected time of arrival, room assignment, etc.
Greet newly admitted patients upon admission. Escort them to their rooms as necessary. Verify all required admission
information is present.
- Make rounds with physicians as necessary.
- Inform the Director when physician visits are not made in a timely manner.
- Encourage attending physicians to record and sign progress notes, physicians' orders, etc. on a timely basis and in
accordance with current regulations.
- Ensure that direct nursing care be provided by a licensed nurse, a certified nursing assistant, and/or a nurse aide trainee qualified to perform the procedure.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must possess, as a minimum, a Registered Nurse degree from an accredited college or university
- Must have, as a minimum, one year of experience as a supervisor or manager in a hospital or other related health care facility
- Long Term care experience preferred
Job Posted by ApplicantPro