General Manager-Lynwood Region
The General Manager is responsible for managing day-to-day operations for multiple communities. This position must execute their duties efficiently, professionally, and in a profitable manner to achieve set goals in customer satisfaction, occupancy, delinquency, community appearance, sales, revenue generation, and cost control. The General Manager upholds high standards, with unyielding dedication and integrity to promote positive relationships with our residents, investors, employees, and vendors. Additionally, this role provides caring involvement and good citizenship resulting in shared values, objectives, trust, and respect.
- Collect rents and other charges, deliver timely rent increase notices, manage timely evictions, and maintain thorough and well-organized resident files.
- Tour properties regularly to identify needs to maintain and enhance communities’ appearances and resolve issues and problems in a timely fashion.
- Comply with, communicate, and enforce all federal, state, local regulatory requirements as well as company policies as outlined in all company communications (employee handbook.)
- Enforce and recommend safety systems, policies, and procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Identify and communicate significant operational issues to regional and divisional leadership, including government/township issues, accident injuries, and employee or resident events.
- Enter data into applicable software systems, pull and analyze reports, and take appropriate action to meet all company objectives.
- Order or direct the ordering of goods and services needed to operate and maintain communities.
- Compose and issue legal notices to residents in a timely fashion for operating policy violations (i.e., pets, pending eviction warnings, home site maintenance, parking & speeding ordinances, and visitors.)
- Negotiate vendor service contracts. Review, approve and process all community invoices for payment.
- Oversee miscellaneous administrative functions, including maintaining organized and complete resident and vendor files.
- Plan and/or support resident relations events (i.e., holiday parties, summer picnics, et.) and communication vehicles (i.e., newsletters, coffee/hostess hours) reflective of resident demographics.
- Oversee or assist in maintenance operations. As well as general maintenance of multiple communities’ infrastructure.
- Conducts annual and resale four-sided home inspections, examining the home and home site to identify any violations for follow-up.
- Repair and maintain and delegate where appropriate, the following: electrical systems, plumbing systems, HVAC systems, irrigation systems, swimming pool systems, and small engines, as needed.
- Based on Community, either direct new and used home sales or support direct sales staff, as needed.
- Research market, demographics, competition, products, and customer needs before creating plans and taking proactive measures to market your communities to prospective customers. Implement sales strategies.
- Keep informed about local civic activities in the surrounding community and actively participate in the state and/or local industry level associations to develop relationships with clients, referral partners, and/or centers of influence, and obtain a personal introduction to prospective clients and employees.
- Maintain the sales environment and inventory utilizing Inspire Communities standards.
- Submit home purchase information on all lender repos to Regional Manager when homes have been abandoned and notify the corresponding Regional Manager of any home that a lender or resident is planning on moving out of the community so that an offer to purchase can be made immediately.
- Oversees the refurbishment of homes to high quality, code-compliant standards in a timely fashion and within budget.
- Plan performance expectations, monitor progress, measure the employee's success in meeting job goals and plan and implement development activities to promote the employee's career development.
- Control operational and capital expenditures and take advantage of revenue generating and cost saving opportunities to achieve communities’ financial objectives. Review monthly variances with regional leadership; implement mid-course corrections where necessary to achieve financial goals.
- Notifies RM of any community homes or sites that a lender or resident is planning to move out of so that a purchase offer can be made immediately, when applicable.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking skills by considering what is best for the Company, employees, investor(s), community, and residents.
- Assigns performance expectations, monitors progress, measures the employee’s success in meeting job goals, and provides recognition and feedback to improve performance and Company retention.
- Leads in creating and fostering a culture and practice that gives priority to exceptional courtesy and customer service in all interactions, including the most challenging
- Assumes and performs other job duties as assigned.
- Must have a proficient understanding of financials, budgets, control expenses, and identify opportunities to drive revenues.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications as well as applications related to the specific position.
- Strong organizational and scheduling skills with meticulous attention to detail. Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, and time management skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple projects simultaneously with priority based upon deadline(s) and residents’ needs and preferences.
- Must have a strong focus on customer service, consistency, respect, and integrity to be able to keep resident and Company information confidential, consistent with Company values, and continuously demonstrative of sound business ethics.
- Previous experience working with Microsoft Office products is required.
- Must have a cooperative attitude and the ability to work well in a team by productively participating in meetings, helping others achieve team goals, and working on a variety of other assignments to meet set team objectives.
- The ability to fully learn and utilize all applicable systems related to the job.
Supervisory and Managerial Responsibility
- Manages direct and indirect staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED certificate is required.
- Bachelors’ degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Five plus years of previous experience working in manufactured housing, hospitality/resort, RV, or multi-site setting.
Travel Requirements/Work Environment Conditions and Demands
- Travel between properties will be required.
Physical Requirements, with/without Reasonable Accommodations:
- Prolonged periods of sitting, using hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, (including using tools or controls customary to the position), standing, walking, kneeling, and reaching or lifting with hands and arms. Must be able to hear clearly (with or without the use of a hearing aid) and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus (with or without the use of glasses or contact lenses).
Note: This job description does not state or imply that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee assigned to this position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties directed by the personas authorized to give instructions or assignments.
I have received and reviewed a copy of my job description. I understand any questions I have regarding my role or related expectations should be directed to my manager.
_____________________ _____________________ _________________
Print Name Sign Name Date
“Inspire Communities is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to recruit, examine, hire, train, promote, discipline, or discharge, as well as every aspect of personnel policies, work assignments, work environment, and other benefit and privileges of employment, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs and free from illegal discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military or veteran status, or any other protected under federal, state, or local law.”
To create Clean, Safe, and Engaging Communities where people are happy to live and proud to call home.
By the end of the decade, we will be widely recognized as the #1 Owner and Operator of Manufactured Home and RV communities in the United States. Our Company will be widely recognized for enhancing the lives of our residents and their communities.
Every Day – Every Way – Inspire Someone Today!
We aim to create Clean, Safe, and Engaging Communities where people are happy to live and proud to call home!
Inspire Communities has extensive experience managing and developing manufactured home communities and RV resorts across the country. Our seasoned leadership team works to develop industry best practice and innovative ideas to improve our communities. As one of the largest owner-operators, we create vibrant, affordable communities for families and Active Adults. Our RV resorts are located in attractive vacation destinations for seasonal travelers. By the end of the decade, we will be widely recognized as the #1 Owner and Operator of Manufactured Home and RV communities in the United States. Our Company will be widely recognized for enhancing the lives of our residents and their communities. Every Day – Every Way – Inspire Someone Today!
Inspire CommunitiesChicago Heights, IL
WebsiteView All Inspire Communities Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.