Summary of Position:
An IT Support Specialist 2 assists the IT Support team in providing general technical support to both staff and families. The IT Support Specialist 2 is responsible for providing direct technical support to end-users via email, phone, helpdesk, as well as in-person (Due to COVID-19, in-person support will be limited to in-office staff only). IT specialist 2 must be helpful and have basic knowledge of common computer software, computer hardware, network printers, and network configurations common to homes and small businesses. Candidate should be comfortable managing many daily tasks and must exhibit attention to detail. Candidate should enjoy working with technology, offer friendly customer support, and work and communicate well in a team-oriented environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Daily self-management of email, helpdesk tickets, and phone messages/calls
· Provide basic end-user account and services support (e.g. password resets, Google Apps) for a variety of services and systems
· Update and assign assets, maintain inventory, equipment loans, and returns
· Resolve and track equipment orders and returns, ship items, RMAs and status updates
· Install workstations, printers, software, etc
· Other duties as assigned
· Proficiency navigating and troubleshooting Windows 10 and Mac OS X 10.10 and higher
· Basic understanding of common principles in computer networking (e.g. IP addresses, DHCP, switches, routers, Wi-Fi, etc)
· Understanding of common network protocols (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, etc)
· Experience with Google Drive, Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, and other commonly used business applications or services.
· Experience working with web-managed networked devices such as network printers, routers
· Experience or willingness to provide technical support to end-users
· Experience or willingness to utilize remote access tools for diagnosing and troubleshooting issues remotely
· Comfortable balancing multiple tasks with regular interruptions
· Great communication skills; able to clearly communicate steps to resolve end user’s issues
· Ideal candidate is helpful, willing to learn & works well with a diverse team
· Basic understanding of scripting languages (Bash, Python, PHP, etc) and a desire to learn more.
· Basic understanding and experience analyzing tabular data and/or the use of a database.
· Understanding and experience using spreadsheets and tabular data for data analysis and processing.
· Preferred experience:
· Understanding and experience with Google Apps for Education and Chromebook management.
· Understanding and experience with Azure AD and inTune MDM.
· Understanding and experience with Apple School Manager and Apple Device MDM.
· Experience with SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
· Experience with source code version control (git).
· 2 or more years of helpdesk support experience preferred.
· Associate's degree or related certifications (e.g. A+, Net+) is preferred
● Ability to lift 45 pounds
● Office work environment
● Work with parents and students
Right to Revise:
This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive and Inspire reserves the right to revise this job description as necessary without advance notice.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and are not to be construed, as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer without notice.
Inspire Charter Services