Are you looking for a company where your happiness, growth and success are valued as much as your clients? Do you have a passion for psychology, human development, speech and language, or education? Would you like to help learners with autism develop communication and social skills? You may have found what you’re looking for as a Registered Behavior Technician with Inspire Behavioral Learning, LLC! Come inspire children, teens, and young adults to learn and make a difference in their lives!
We are looking for an enthusiastic RBT to work with children, teens, and young adults with autism in the East Bay in Alameda and Contra Costa Counties, such as Berkeley, Oakland, El Cerrito, Richmond, and Martinez.
As an RBT, you will engage learners in interactive behavioral therapy, using the principles of ABA in natural environments, such as the client’s home, school, and community. In one-on-one sessions, you will help clients replace problem behavior and improve communication, social, play, and self-advocacy skills and more!
This position is part-time, perfect for current students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide one-one-one behavioral therapy for children to young adults under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- Travel to clients in their homes, schools, and community throughout the East Bay
- Assist learners in mastering individualized, measurable
goals in the following areas:
- Verbal behavior
- Social skills
- Play skills
- Motor skills
- Self-help and daily living skills
- Safety skills
- Executive functioning
- Implement play-based learning for children and interactive learning for all ages
- Apply methods of applied behavior analysis (ABA) in therapy sessions, including naturalistic and incidental teaching, discrete trial training (DTT), functional communication training (FCT), verbal behavior, and positive reinforcement based on learner preferences and choices
- Communicate client progress with parents/guardians and teachers where applicable
- Record objective session notes in vivo
- Use an online data collection system
- Submit proof of Registered Behavior Technician™(RBT®) certification by the BACB®
- Submit proof of high school diploma or BA/BS degree
- Submit proof of valid CA driver’s license
- Reliable transportation to client locations in cities throughout the East Bay, including the Berkeley, Oakland, El Cerrito, Richmond, and Martinez areas
- Availability in afternoons and evenings at least three days per week M-F
- Pass a DOJ and FBI background check
- Proof of negative TB test and immunizations
- Bachelor’s degree or current major in psychology, applied behavior analysis, human development, speech and language pathology, education, special education or a related field
- One year experience working with children to young adults with disabilities
- Experience working with children with autism to reduce problem behavior
- Kind, caring, and compassionate in working with learners
- Ability to work independently and as part of a therapy
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- Creative, enthusiastic, and passionate about inspiring learners to achieve their full potential
Perks and Benefits:
- $250 sign-on bonus for current, unexpired RBT® certification by the BACB®
- Performance-based bonuses
- Paid drive time between client locations
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid sick leave
- ABA tuition and professional development assistance
- Supportive and friendly environment with ongoing coaching, mentorship, and paid training
- Weekly supervision tailored to both the employee's and client's needs
- Become part of a company that truly cares about both the employee's and client's happiness and success!
Compensation: $19-$25 DOE
Apply: Include your resume and a cover letter specifying why you might be a great fit. We look forward to connecting with you!