Project Development Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As the Development Manager, you will be responsible for supporting all aspects of development necessary to reach financial closing and start of construction for a renewable hydrogen production facility(ies) using waste feedstock, including:
- Identifying sites and supporting land acquisition (long term lease or purchase).
- Support the process of seeking local, state & federal regulatory and environmental entitlement for the construction and operations of a renewable hydrogen production facility.
- Involvement in local tax strategy and economic development initiatives.
- Inform and/or update a project-specific financial model, in coordination with and incorporating significant inputs from the company’s Commercial & Engineering teams, to create a robust view of the project economics suitable for discussions with 3rd party financing sources.
- With the engineering team, update the Project Description to be used for permitting and regulatory approvals.
- With the Project Director and Commercial team, the Development Manager is expected to be actively involved in:
- Feedstock identification and contracting strategies.
- Offtake customer identification and contracting strategies.
- Collaborate with a team of expert consultants to carry out project development activities.
It is expected that you, as the Development Manager, will focus primarily on advancing one individual project through the development cycle but will also provide ancillary support to other projects.
Your Responsibilities as the Development Manager will include:
- Identify and secure project sites by collaborating with real estate broker/agents.
- Secure all permits and land entitlements consistent with company strategy.
- Collaborate with siting support team.
- Integrate with Commercial team to optimize siting, hydrogen sales, feedstock procurement, and finance-ability of project contracts.
- Integrate with technical and engineering team to incorporate design elements or changes into the permitting and community outreach plans.
- Involvement with local tax strategy, economic development initiatives and community engagement.
You Should Have:
- Bachelor’s degree required – Engineering, Science or Business/Economics degree preferred
- At least 3-5 years’ work experience
- Energy or waste experience preferred
- Familiarity and experience with local, state and federal development permitting processes highly preferred (e.g. California CEQA). Including: projects (refineries, biofuels, power plants, renewables/energy storage); fuel terminals, chemicals, and/or pipelines; solid waste facilities; commercial real estate, etc.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and project management /organization skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, including knowledge of MS Project, Word, and Excel required.
- Good understanding of real estate and regulatory procedures and strategies preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 25–50% travel to project sites and corresponding communities.
We value our employees’ time and efforts, and we work to maintain the best possible environment, where people can learn and grow with the company. We offer market competitive, with benefits, 401k, opportunity for project-related bonuses, and incentive equity.
Our client is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
AddressMountain View, CA
TechnologyView all jobs at Insperity