Product Marketing Manager (Remote) - Texas based
Our client empowers entrepreneurs by providing them with tools they can use to make their eCommerce stores truly awesome. Every merchant is different, so they give them the power to make their eCommerce platform not only perform exactly the way they want it to, but also to do things they didn’t think were possible.
Our client believes in accountability to one-another, innovation, and being transparent in everything they do so they can build the best eCommerce apps and solutions for their merchants. They work hard to keep their employees fulfilled and motivated. They try to foster an environment that encourages creativity and innovation with an open and supportive workplace culture.
Our client is looking for an experienced Product Marketing Manager to play a critical role in executing growth and marketing strategies that will lead our client further into the enterprise space. Reporting to the VP of Product Marketing, you will use your expertise to influence product and business development decisions to meet the needs of our client’s enterprise target audience. Ultimately, you will drive adoption of thier products, cross-functional efforts to launch new products, and market share. You will also apply strong writing skills to develop content, along with data and insights to help refine your campaigns. The ultimate goal of this role is to make sure our client is building the right products and to drive growth and usage of various products within the enterprise space.
The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in API driven eCommerce and B2B, a solid understanding of product marketing fundamentals, product strategy, and growth marketing, as well as a track record of strong cross-functional leadership.
- Serve as a knowledge expert on our enterprise customers, building an understanding of their needs and the purchase decision process
- Assess and analyze the market and competitive landscape - technology trends, ecosystem developments, and competitive offerings
- Develop a deep understanding of the lifecycle of the company’s merchants and identify opportunities for growth and optimization
- Define the strategy for generating a sales pipeline, deciding how to propel prospects through the buyer’s journey of awareness, consideration, decision, retention, and advocacy
- Create and execute on a wide range of content campaigns to drive awareness and engagement, including relevant content such as webinars, ebooks, infographics, drip email campaigns, blogs, etc.
- Collaborate with team members to drive traffic to our content and optimize marketing funnels
- Run marketing campaigns and other growth initiatives end-to-end spanning all marketing channels including email, social and digital advertising
- Work cross-functionally with product, sales, Merchant Success and creative to meet growth targets
- Ensure that all content is in line with both the company’s brand and overall marketing goals
- Use your understanding of the competition and ecosystem, coupled with an understanding of the product, to influence product and business development decisions
- Demonstrate skill at preparing business cases and gaining cross-functional alignment in order to help build and grow new products / services
- 5-7 years of related experience, ideally 2+ years of ecommerce, business-to-business product marketing experience
- Direct experience in API driven ecommerce is a big asset
- Extensive knowledge of product marketing fundamentals
- Experience in related e-commerce categories (e.g. platforms, shipping, payments, web design)
- Experience with enterprise level clients or SMBs in a complex ecosystem
- Demonstrated success with end-to-end marketing campaign design, implementation, and project management
- Experience in developing messaging, product positioning, content and journey mapping, and measurement
- Familiarity with inbound and outbound channels (Digital, events, sales outreach, email, partner, content marketing)
- Experience with HubSpot, JIRA, and Google Analytics is an asset
- Tech savvy with a passion for software and technology solutions and the ability to pick up new technical skills quickly
Our client believes having a workplace that their employees love to come to every day will keep them motivated and inspired. Their commitment to your success is enhanced by their competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Health, Dental, Vision - 100% paid for the employee
- ESOP, vested over time
- EAP Program
- Unlimited PTO
- Standard Holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.